This is a full-time, remote position.
Botto is a decentralized autonomous artist, where thousands of community members congregate to help Botto decide what “good art” looks like. Botto redefines the intersection of art, technology and collective intelligence. Botto has a web app that brings together creators, technologists, and enthusiasts, allowing its users to curate and vote on artworks created by Botto.
Botto is an award-winning artist that has generated over $3M in sold artworks since it began creating art at the end of 2021.
Since then, Botto has appeared in over two dozen exhibitions all across the globe as well as being a featured presence in major art and science museums.
Our mission is for Botto to make an imprint on contemporary culture: Botto is a glimpse into the future of art, and we’ll not rest until the artist is a household name.
What we’re looking for:
We are on the lookout for an exceptional Frontend Developer with a strong expertise in React.js and a solid understanding of basic UX principles to join our team. The ideal candidate will be pivotal in shaping the digital interface of Botto, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience that aligns with our brand’s innovative vision.
Botto is currently in the process of building out a revised user interface to improve UX. The front-end developer would contribute significantly to the next iteration of Botto.
You’ll be a great fit if:
You’re passionate about building the future of digital art experiences and have the required skill set, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain our web application using React.js, ensuring optimal performance across all devices
- Work daily alongside a backend developer to ship new product features
- Collaborate closely with our product designer, project leads to iterate on existing designs and optimize user experience
- Stay updated with emerging frontend technologies and best practices to continuously improve our platform
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of data structure libraries
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and modern authorization mechanisms
- A keen eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to take designs from Figma to production
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with web3 projects
- Experience with React Context API
- Familiarity with Ethers.js and wagmi
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Previous experience in the digital art or tech-art domain
What We Offer:
- Annual Salary (40,000-60,000/year)
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing, innovative environment fuelled by art
- Collaborative team culture where learning and growth are celebrated
How to apply:
- Title your email “Botto Front end”
- Email us at [email protected]
- Mention why you think you’re a good fit
- Describe your career highlights (highs and lows, best/worst projects, etc)
- Add your portfolio / things that really define your work
- LinkedIn / CV stuff if you think it’s necessary
Botto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.