What You’ll Be A Part Of:
Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, Digital Currency Group is the most active investor in the blockchain sector with a mission to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the proliferation of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing more than 200 blockchain-related companies in over 35 countries. DCG also invests directly in digital currencies and other digital assets.
We passionately believe digital currency and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build over the long term.
What you’ll be a part of:
Digital Currency Group is a global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries. In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
About the opportunity:
DCG is looking to hire a Director, DevOps, and Technology, to support our Global Information Technology and Risk Management initiatives. The Director, DevOps and Technology leads the development and implementation of a Transformational set of strategic systems and technologies. The Director, DevOps, and Technology, works with key business stakeholders to design and implement strategic solutions that drive key operational metrics. The Director, DevOps and Technology will concisely communicate, fact-based recommendations that impact revenue and various other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all departments. Providing leadership and direction for technology projects, enterprise risk management and compliance. The Director, DevOps and Technology will work closely within DCG and its subsidiaries across a broad range of Technology, Cyber Security, governance, and other business issues. The ideal candidate is passionate about devising creative solutions to address complex problems that support and enable the DCG businesses. The Director, DevOps and Technology will report directly to the Chief Information Security Officer.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Director, DevOps and Technology supports the development and implementation of a companywide technology strategy, as well as cyber security and enterprise risk management programs that leverages industry standards and best practices as well as works closely and collaborates with DevOps and Technology teams across DCG and the DCG subsidiaries in defining and executing world-class technology and cyber security strategies.
- Collaborate with relevant lines of business to develop a deep understanding of the process, strategies, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee day-to-day implementation and analysis of the different initiatives
- Maintain the enterprise vision, strategy, and programs to support and protect DCG, businesses, information, information systems and data
- Lead the development and delivery for our Technology and Enterprise-wide Security Programs, standards, architecture, and systems
- Responsibilities will include defining and implementing short and long-tern technology including identifying, business technology needs and opportunities
- Manage organization wide technology and information security governance processes
- Facilitating the adoption of new technologies and security architecture standards
- Developingand maintainingmetricsand key performance indicators (KPIs)to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of technology projects and security engineering and platforms (e.g., network and host security exception statistics)
- Additional technology and governance responsibilities
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years in DevOps and Technology Support, project management, Technology, or Information Security related field
- 5 years experience in Finance and/or FinTech
- 3 years experience in Crypto Currency and Blockchain
- Experience building and leading teams
- Must possess a strong hands-on technical and security practitioner background
- Strong subject matter experience in Business Applications (HR, Finance, Legal) and all Cyber Security domains such as cloud environments/technologies/security, application security, vulnerability testing and development of a risk appetite
- Ability to analyze business trends and determine their impact on the security strategy
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
- Ability to clearly communicate DevOps and Technology concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strategic and analytical thinker that can think “big picture”
- Business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how Technology and information security can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to build-out new capabilities and achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Application Life Cycle management and application development experience
- Collaborative and action-oriented management style
- Experience in establishing and maintaining strong Network relationships with Industry Peers, Vendors and Government Agencies
- Industry Certifications such as:
- PMI Certifications
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISA, ITIL
We are looking for people with:
- Strong work ethic and unparalleled integrity
- Creativity, passion, and who are natural self-starters and problem solvers.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion to advise on supporting and enabling near and long business strategies.
- A high degree of ownership in everything you do
- A desire to work in an intellectually vibrant, highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner, and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program
- Pre-tax flexible spending program for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- New water-front office with world-class perks and amenities
Location: Stamford, CT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.