The Tie is the leading provider of information services for digital assets. Our core offering, The Tie Terminal, is the fastest and most comprehensive platform for institutional digital asset market participants. With its unmatched breadth and depth of data coverage, combined with a suite of powerful, customizable tools, The Terminal provides an all-in-one solution to stay on top of the crypto market.
Learn more about The Terminal here.
The Tie’s clients include hundreds of the leading traditional and crypto-native hedge funds, OTC desks, MMs, asset managers, banks, and other institutional market participants.
We’re backed by top-tier investors and retain the capital, customers, and team required to scale. We are long crypto and play a leading role in bridging traditional finance and digital assets.
The Tie is seeking a Backend Engineer to help build data-intensive products and improve our data pipeline and infrastructure. You have a strong interest in crypto, data, finance, and trading. In addition, you’re excited to work in a startup environment where there are always new projects and challenges with freedom and ownership.
While day-to-day responsibilities will revolve around backend development, architecture improvement, and working with blockchain data, you will have the opportunity to learn different functional areas of the business and expand your skill set.
Location: New York City, but remote candidates will also be considered
- Collaborate with developers to optimize backend infrastructure, queries, and pipelines to better handle large datasets
- Work closely with the product team to find ways to empower customers with our datasets
- Take initiative and responsibility for technical solutions that could be integrated into current software architecture
- Python development to support on-chain data efforts and data science teams (develop robust applications based on prototypes)
- Write technical documents to describe your APIs and product functionality
- Significant experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Familiarity with working with AWS services such as AWS Lambda, EC2, ECS, ECR, and S3, or similar products on other cloud providers
- Experience designing, building, and working with APIs
- Ability to work on and develop scalable Python codebases
- Experience collaborating with different teams, such as product, design, and frontend development teams
Nice to Have
- Graduated with STEM or Computer Science Degree and have Strong Background in CS Fundamentals
- Experience working in the Crypto industry, or strong personal interest / knowledge of the industry
- ML/data science experience
- Salary range: $120,000-$160,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Employee stock option plan
- Health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Flexible paid time off (uncapped)
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Strong teamwork-driven culture