Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Manager, Know Your Customer (KYC) to join its Compliance Operations team and oversee the day-to-day management and operation of Circle’s KYC team. The team is responsible for leading a regional team conducting all aspects of B2B customer onboarding, including enhanced due diligence, and periodic reviews.
What you'll work on:
- Overseeing customer KYC, onboarding and periodic review processes for corporate customers, including the documentation of policies, procedures.
- Managing a team of analysts performing KYC activities.
- Overseeing a team of contractors, monitor production and quality of their work.
- Collaborating with Business and acting as a point of escalation for complex issues.
- Meeting with customers to conduct enhanced due diligence.
- Managing/Leading large and small scale compliance projects.
- Identifying areas of enhancement in the AML and sanctions program.
- Ensuring the highest standards of documentation and quality in the execution of onboarding and periodic review processes.
- Partnering with Circle’s engineering and product teams to ensure Compliance Operations is supported with the most effective tools and technological support.
- Closely following regulatory, compliance, and enforcement developments in the cryptocurrency industry to ensure our processes keep pace.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal teams. Appreciate direct communication.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands. Never tired of learning.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in AML and KYC reviews for corporates, including managing, designing and implementing KYC related processes.
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of analysts.
- Strong leadership, relationship management skills and project management experience
- Strong communication skills and presence, ability to interface with internal and external teams
- Experience in RegTech, FinTech or consulting company preferred.
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $162,500 - $212,500
Annual Bonus Target: 17.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in theE-Verify Programin certain locations, as required by law.