Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Counsel to the Chief Legal Officer, Legal Interns will play an immediate and direct role in providing support for Circle’s legal and corporate affairs function by conducting a range of research tasks related to the Chief Legal Officer’s thought leadership initiatives, ongoing corporate and litigation matters, and regulatory issues related to the company’s product suite. We are looking for Legal Interns who are highly proactive, accountable, team-oriented, capable of managing multiple competing priorities, and excited to join a lean team that executes on a variety of novel and complex legal issues.
What you'll work on:
- Providing support to Circle’s global legal operations, risk management efforts and strategic business objectives and priorities.
- Assisting Circle lawyers on, among other things, reviews of a variety of product development initiatives, regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management matters and guidance.
- Assisting the CLO with his thought leadership projects.
- Research tasks related to a range of general corporate and securities matters, including capital deployment, capital raising, public securities offerings, M&A, equity administration, marketing and communications, and executive compensation.
- Legal research projects related to the cryptocurrency industry and the current regulatory environment for a fintech operating in this cutting edge space.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Enrollment at a top law school (T-14 preferred) - candidates must have high grades and be actively engaged with a range of extracurricular activities.
- You are passionate about Circle’s mission and values, financial technology and the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency and blockchains.
- You are comfortable working outside of your comfort zone in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to rapid changes, extreme velocity and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal education and research, and are creative at solving problems.
- You can exercise good judgment in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations, work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance and are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team.
- You are obsessively organized, energetic, passionate about supporting your team/ a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range for this role added below is specific to the location of this job posting. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay: $35 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in theE-Verify Programin certain locations, as required by law.