Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is looking for a Systems Designer to join our growing Games Studio. Reporting to the Director of Games Studio, the Systems Designer will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of mobile gaming experiences. You will work in a collaborative and creative environment, harnessing your years of experience and expertise in solutions design to craft engaging and immersive gameplay. Our ideal candidate has shipped multiple mobile games, is naturally curious and creative, and thrives in highly collaborative and autonomous environments.
Genies sits at the forefront of the digital avatars and gaming industry. We are on a mission to empower users to create and interact with hyper-realistic avatars in virtual experiences that have captured users' attention worldwide. If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of avatars, avatar use cases, gaming and creating captivating user experiences, we want you on our team!What You’ll be Doing:
- Design, implement, balance and provide live service support for the Traits and Things systems
- Work closely with game development teams both internally and externally to support the development and iteration of major systems
- Design and development of other major systems and mechanics
- Use scripting tools, spreadsheets and other technologies to implement, tune and balance complex gameplay systems
- User-Centric Approach:Keep the player's experience at the forefront of design decisions, ensuring user satisfaction and retention
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:Collaborate closely with artists, engineers, and product managers to ensure the successful integration of gameplay elements and features
- Documentation:Create and maintain detailed design documentation, including game mechanics, systems, and features
- Proven experience designing and implementing large, complex game systems such as economy design, progression systems or similar.
- A passion for making connections and understanding how to make sense of large, intertwined constructs
- Ability to clearly and simply communicate complex systems
- A DEEP passion for games - you love to play them, dissect them, and talk about them in depth
- A successful track record for shipping multiple mobile games
- Creative thinker with a passion for pushing the boundaries of mobile gaming
- Strong awareness of games industry trends, what is happening in the industry, what tech is present or upcoming, and what new genres are emerging and why
- Expert level understanding of game systems design, progression, and monetization strategies
- PLUS - Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or related field (Masters in Computer Science is a plus)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
How Genies will support youGenies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $180,000 to $260,000Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.