At Aztec, our goal is to take the original promise of Ethereum–a decentralized and verifiable world computer–and expand its capability immensely by making it fully encrypted.
In the current public blockchain paradigm, users and entities unknowingly broadcast data in the public, compromising privacy and security to get trustlessness.
Not only are unencrypted blockchains inherently privacy-exposing, they require significant redundancy to compute and verify the legitimacy of transactions.
Implementing scalable encryption in a public blockchain paradigm requires cutting-edge math and engineering. Thankfully, our team of scientists and engineers invented Plonk, the industry-standard zkSNARK, and Noir, the universal language of zero knowledge.
Now, we’re building a first of its kind public-private encrypted blockchain: Ethereum, encrypted. And it’s now time to bring it to market.
We’ve raised $125 million from industry-leading investors including a16z crypto, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital, and we’re growing quickly.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Operations Assistant to support our Operations team, and help manage our London office. Must be London based
Our Operations Assistant will be organised, dependable, motivated and detail-oriented. You are able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks. You move quickly and excel in a changing, fast-paced environment. You anticipate the needs of the team and proactively resolve operational and administrative issues. In this role, it is critical that you are a self-starter who is able to run with tasks.
You will be reporting directly to the People Operations lead, and supporting our founders’ Executive Assistant. This role is a full time contract position (40 hours per week) with the possibility of conversion. This is a hybrid role that requires working a minimum of 3 days per week in the Aztec Labs office in Farringdon, London.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Operations team where needed - diary management, admin duties and working on projects as required
- Assisting in office relocation, including setting up our new office space
- Coordinating staff entertainment including team lunches and dinners, as well as gifts for birthdays, new joiners and leavers, etc
- Helping to organise company events and team off-sites
- Executing on company travel management and admin
- Running our London office day to day and problem solving - managing cleaners, ordering office supplies, managing the office budget and expenses
- Being the face of our London office and welcoming visitors
- Managing our company swag
Skills & Experience
- Experience within Administration or similar role (office admin etc.)
- Excellent organisational abilities
- A people person who is happy and confident working with the whole team
- An individual who has the ability to work independently and take initiative to problem solve
- Someone who is enthusiastic and brings great ideas to help make Aztec Labs a fantastic place to work
- Excellent communication skills with the team internally and with key stakeholders where needed
- Excellent IT skills including all Google Workspace applications
- Good written skills
- Fast, diligent worker
What we offer:
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- Additional benefits include health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for professional development.
- Quarterly offsite travel for collaboration
- Events and conference budget
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team
Aztec Labs is an equal opportunity employer and we value creativity, diversity, and intellectual curiosity. If you're passionate about leveraging your creative talents to make a real-world impact, and if you want to be part of a team that's shaping the future of digital privacy, then we would love to hear from you.