Linux Jobs in Crypto, Web3 & Blockchain
Explore Linux jobs at top blockchain startups and companies. Dive into the Linux sector within the crypto and web3 space, check out the latest openings, and apply today.Post a job → Find a job
Browse 20 Linux-focused Jobs in the Crypto, Web3 & Blockchain Industry
Infrastructure and Build/Release Engineer @ ClearmaticsEngineering (665) Remote Full-time Remote - UTC-8 (US Pacific), UTC+8 (Asia)2d
- Availability in a time zone different from UK/Europe - i.e. Asia or Americas
- Blockchain Node operations (monitoring, fixing/debugging, provisioning, issue management, test & diagnosis), with progressive use of automation
- Community involvement on Node operations questions (handling questions, triaging issues)
- Non-node infra support (backups; DNS admin; websites; CI/CD pipelines / automation; advice & support to team members)
- Support the creation and maintenance of documentation (both tech doc, and process)
- Support the engineering team for testing (provide & maintain infra; run tests; scripts; automation)
- Maintain and extend shell scripts and CI jobs for building, testing, releasing artefacts
- Assist with diagnosing application, network, or system performance problems and bottlenecks
- Good knowledge of Layer 1 blockchain protocols, particularly Ethereum
- Ability to work GMT (UTC) +8 / Asia time zones or GMT (UTC) - 8 / US time zones
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills to handle client/user facing communications
- 2+ years hands-on system administration experience with critical Linux infrastructure and networks, including monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting, in an environment that makes extensive use of automation, scripting, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code methodologies
- Proficiency with shell scripting in Bash and UNIX userland tools
- Experience creating and maintaining automated CI build, test, and release pipelines
- Strong understanding of Git and its use in release engineering and automation
- Experience building and maintaining Linux distro packages
- Demonstrated ability take a proactive and flexible approach to problem-solving while maintaining high-quality documentation of processes, issues, and solutions
- Experience with Linux performance engineering
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux system internals, TCP/IP, and debugging tools
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation tools and solutions
- Demonstrated involvement in Open source projects, blockchain-related communities and online spaces
DevOps Engineer @ BiconomyEngineering (665) Remote Full-time17d
- Processed 22 million transactions
- Facilitating over $233 million of transfer volume
- Saving users over $4.7 million in gas fees!
- Plan, architect, configure and deploy large-scale cloud infrastructure in cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Digital Ocean
- Engineer architectures and automation for zero-downtime deployments.
- Work with our development teams to set up automation pipelines
- Build geo-distributed infrastructure
- Setup and maintain EVM-based blockchain nodes
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements for the reliability and performance of applications
- Identify and/or analyse problems relating to mission-critical deployments and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions
- Engage in application performance analysis and system tuning, and capacity planning
- Perform root cause analysis to identify & implement continuous improvements
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Ensure technical quality and assurance by participating in Architecture Governance and Technical Design peer review processes, working closely with the customer and internal stakeholders as appropriate
- 4+ years of industrial experience in architecting, developing, and troubleshooting systems
- Setup and maintain multiple blockchain nodes, including Ethereum L1/L2
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructures like GCP, and AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
- Experiences with Infrastructure monitoring, such as collecting, processing, and analysis of metrics from tools such as Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Datadog
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, and automated deployment
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
- Good Experience with Linux, networking, and system operations tools
- Familiarity with blockchain technology
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
- Token Allocation
- Opportunity to grow. The sky’s the limit if you’re hungry to succeed
- Be an integral part of building the narrative for the digital economies of the future
- Game nights, virtual celebrations, and work retreats
Senior DevOps / SRE @ StatusEngineering (665) Remote Full-time25d
- Automation of infrastructure deployment, configuration, and scaling
- Maintenance of monitoring, logging, and backup systems
- Development of continuous integration platforms and scripts
- Ensuring security of hosts and other online resources
- Daily monitoring of all services and responding to breakage and security incidents
- Maintaining a written knowledge base regarding all practices and processes followed by the team, including step-by-step guides, check lists, trouble-shooting tips and other resources
- Improving the observability of the Nimbus software by implementing additional metrics and tuning the logging output
- Detailed reporting of all encountered issues to the Nimbus development team
- Experience or interest in Ethereum and/or the ecosystem
- Openness to learning & using new programming languages, e.g. Nim
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and cfEngine, etc.
- Experience or/and interest in working in a bare metal environment with experience with bare metal automation tooling such as Canonical MaaS, TinkerBell and OpenStack Ironic
- High proficiency with Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Debian), REST API’s, Docker, and ZFS
- Prior experience as a programmer/engineer using low-level languages (C, C++, etc.)
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Experience with Nim
- Ability and willingness to work with a little bit of research: will be among other things to get information directly from the open-source blockchain code and deal with cases where no documentation is provided
- Experience with running different Ethereum nodes (Geth, OpenEthereum, Erigon, etc)
- Experience with running ETH2.0 validator and beacon chain nodes (Lighthouse, Prysm, Teku, etc)
- Deep understanding and expertise on the technical level of the ETH2 protocol (such as validation, slashing, network edge cases)
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Head of Infra
- Interview with Nimbus Team Lead
- Interview with Program Lead
Clearmatics is hiring a
Infrastructure and Build/Release Engineer
Infrastructure and Build/Release Engineer - UTC+8 (Asia) time zones or UTC-8 (US Pacific) time zones, Blockchain
Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including “missing markets” problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or relating to real-world metrics such as climate data, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We’ve also been an active participant and supporter of decentralized infrastructure initiatives including Enterprise Ethereum Alliance.
We’re growing our team and are looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with – and passion for – the Ethereum ecosystem is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, …), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
Requirements - Must have
Nice to have
Please let Clearmatics know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.
Biconomy is hiring a
Note to all applicants: Biconomy are a fully remote company with a team dispersed all over the Globe, so we welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of your location.
Join a leading Web 3 company that’s enabling and powering the builders of the new internet!
Biconomy’s foundations were built on making Web 3 accessible and simple to all. We do this by making blockchain transactions seamless, and by doing so, we are accelerating the mainstream adoption of Web 3.
That’s why ease and accessibility are imperative to our innovations and solutions. While we build for developers, our work radically simplifies the overall user experience on Web 3. By abstracting away blockchain complexities, the end user enjoys the benefits of Web 3 with the familiarity of Web 2.
We are already solving for some of the leading players in the blockchain space & are emerging as the default transaction stack for Web 3. Some of our numbers:
What are we looking for?
We are looking for DevOps Engineers that uses knowledge of software and systems engineering to build, run, and scale services and platforms. You will be taking ownership of the setup and maintaining a large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant infrastructure for our blockchain applications.
At Biconomy, we continuously face the complex challenges of scaling our systems while maintaining high availability goals. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems in distributed systems with software solutions, infrastructure, and blockchain knowledge.
What will you be doing?
Your experience should include
What’s in it for you?
In this growing Web 3 industry with collaborative and feedback-driven culture, you will get to know behind the scenes of a crypto project from a business & technical perceptive. You will get to work with a talented team of diverse individuals all over the world that are driven by our mission of enabling Web3 to be frictionless and accessible to mainstream users.
Further, you will be using your skills to for ensuring the performance and availability of infrastructure, deploying and operating clusters using Kubernetes, and optimizing system security and performance.
What we offer:
Biconomy is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Please let Biconomy know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.
Status is hiring a
Senior DevOps / SRE
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Nimbus is a research team that focuses on developing an Ethereum client and library targeting both Ethereum and the upcoming, proof-of-stake-based ETH2. We believe that the largest deployment of Ethereum will potentially be on embedded systems, Nimbus will be designed to perform well on embedded, mobile, and generally resource-restricted devices. The extensible, configurable, and modular design of Nimbus will make it production ready for Web 3.0 and will ensure that it can be supported and maintained across all goals of Ethereum 2.0.
Building the stack from the ground up, we’re translating the latest Ethereum 2.0 research into practical, performant and reusable libraries to provide fertile exploration ground for further R&D. Check our latest update!
You ideally will have
Bonus points if
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $100,000 - $120,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
Please let Status know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.