Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including “missing markets” problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or relating to real-world metrics such as climate data, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We’ve also been an active participant and supporter of decentralised infrastructure initiatives.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
This role requires thought leadership as well as the practical implementation of a platform-centric vision to support our engineering team, the increased automation of deployments and maintenance of websites, dashboards, metrics pipelines, and containerised applications.
You will be part of a specialist team that will apply Platform Engineering principles to architect, build and maintain frameworks, tools, and infrastructure that allow engineers to develop in a ‘self-service’ manner securely and efficiently. In this role you will:
- Contribute to the design and architecture for platform solutions that enable teams to own their project deployments
- Implement and support infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD solutions that are efficient, effective, secure, and maintainable
- Be responsible for multi-Cloud integration, management, and monitoring, with a particular emphasis on security and reliability
- Implement best-of-class performance and security monitoring and alerting infrastructures, including developing strategies to formulate and track SLOs and KPIs
- Conduct incident response, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Contribute to the deployment, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of our blockchain validator node infrastructure
- Continuously evaluate changed requirements, opportunities, new technologies, and different approaches
- Provide expertise, guidance, and advice across teams
- 5+ years professional experience in Systems or Platform Engineering
- In-depth experience with critical Linux infrastructure and networks, including monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting, in an environment that makes extensive use of cloud and virtualised services (AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean), automation, scripting, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Very strong scripting and programming skills (Shell, Python) in the context of systems automation and operations
- Experience developing REST APIs, backend services with database access (MySQL, PostreSQL), and automated pipelines
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tools and practices (GitHub CI, Travis CI, Jenkins etc.)
- Extensive experience with infrastructure-as-code tools and related technologies: Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, EKS, GKE
- Extensive experience with monitoring and alerting in cloud based environments: Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, CloudWatch, Stackdriver
- Demonstrated involvement in Open source projects, blockchain-related communities and online spaces
- Interest and involvement in the Ethereum space that goes beyond crypto trading
Our compensation is globally competitive and dependent on your skills and experience.