We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Architect to join Asset Management Technology’s Architecture group in support of Digital Asset investment strategies. The candidate must be learned in Blockchain technology and possess a strong technical background in developing and deploying web services, web applications, and messaging and streaming producer/consumer services.
This is a hands-on technical individual contributor role.
- Collaborating with teams to design and develop applications for Blockchain-oriented digital asset investment products.
- Architecting and owning the implementation of robust solutions, to ensure flawless integration, resiliency, and efficient processing.
- Driving innovation and adopting technologies to improve system architecture and performance.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior developers, promoting good practices and maintaining code quality standards.
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Working closely with IT product owners and business users to understand their needs and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s or post graduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- The candidate must have understanding of proof of work and proof of stake consensus mechanisms, different types of Blockchains (permissioned, consortium, public), common scalability challenges in Blockchains, layer 2 networks, smart contracts, different types of digital tokens and their lifecycle (e.g. mint, burn, transfer, etc.), and token standards (e.g. ERC-20).
- Extensive experience working in technology for investment portfolio management, research, and trading.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, microservices architecture, and event-driven design principles.
- Proven ability to architect and build sophisticated systems that handle high transaction volumes, large-scale data processing and real-time analytics.
- Ability to provide high-quality visuals and documentation that conveys system architecture to various audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a track record of delivering innovative solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical partners.
Leveraging its diverse global investment management expertise and insights, Fidelity’s Asset Management division is focused on delivering the best customer experience in the financial services industry by offering client solutions, from traditional mutual funds and ETFs, to managed accounts and institutional mandates. Our group of architects provide an essential foundation to the software development lifecycle by contributing to the product vision, ensuring consistency in design implementation, and managing the roadmap that drives our technology forward. Join our diverse team and be a part of crafting the future of our platform through powerful technology and innovation.
Apply now and take your career to new heights!
The base salary range for this position is $103,000-$218,000 per year.
Placement in the range will vary based on job responsibilities and scope, geographic location, candidate’s relevant experience, and other factors.
Base salary is only part of the total compensation package. Depending on the position and eligibility requirements, the offer package may also include bonus or other variable compensation.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet your evolving needs and help you live your best life at work and at home. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage and emotional well-being support, market-leading retirement, generous paid time off and parental leave, charitable giving employee match program, and educational assistance including student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, and learning resources to develop your career. Note, the application window closes when the position is filled or unposted.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.