As Director, Software Engineering (Group Chapter Leader) you will lead an engineering team in developing our Data and Business Enablement at Fidelity Digital Assets℠. This role is multi-faceted requiring Data Engineering and Software Engineering leadership skills. We are looking for a dedicated leader who can deliver data engineering solutions while also providing critical leadership guidance around business orchestration platforms (Java, BPM). You will lead the technical team to develop and migrate legacy data solutions to best in class cloud platforms. You will also provide critical technical expertise to support our Business Enablement Product Area while maintaining high quality and resiliency for the underlying platforms.
The Director, Software Engineering will also provide the technology know-how, leadership and influencing skills to drive overall technology strategy, digital transformation, thought leadership and talent development across the squads. You will provide technical guidance on lead initiatives that supply ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, understand new technologies and industry trends, and continue to learn while maintaining a strong focus on providing coaching, mentorship and driving talent development across our engineering teams. This role will have several managers and senior technical resources as direct associates.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 15+ years leading, mentoring, and developing people and robust teams
- 12+ years leading building of sophisticated digital technology solutions
- 7+ years working in an Agile delivery environment with software engineers
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field required
- Aspiration and skill to drive technology strategy for the platform
- Authenticity and commitment to coach engineers across various levels
- Knowledge and experience working with data engineering platforms in the cloud
- Snowflake, Postgres, Snaplogic, ETL, Java skills are preferred
- Confirmed expertise with cross-functional collaboration to achieve the best results
- Experience with Vendor management and data transfer protocols
- Strong leadership skills: you must be passionate about engineering excellence, standards and best practices, empowerment of individuals/team, innovation, collaboration and must be someone who’s eager to learn and instruct every day
- Technology leadership, critical thinking, and influencing skills across the organizational structures
- Collaborate on the cloud and data strategy for the platform
- Actively crafting and maintaining the culture within the team based on Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors
- Continuously developing & maintaining outstanding team expertise and talent in order to support the squads & groups with the right level of knowledge and skills
- Supervising the performance of team members, providing feedback and mentoring
- Sharing knowledge and expertise within and outside of the team – ensuring the “how” of the work performed by the teams is aligned with established road maps and guardrails
- Identifying talent and training needs across the teams
- Implementing existing engineering practices and setting new ones as and when needed
- Bring passion to your work to encourage and empower your team
- Embody Fidelity’s leadership principles and multiplier behaviors
- Mentor teams to improve their performance, knowledge, and expertise.
- Commit to developing leadership at all levels. Help your peers & team get better by raising standards within and around while maintaining a strong focus on building future leaders
- Enhance partnerships across the organization to ensure alignment towards enterprise standards, tools and platforms
- Help build culture of learning, innovation, empowerment, and transparency
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day management and in making strategic trade-offs
Fidelity Digital Assets℠, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets℠ embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.