Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
In the wild west of crypto, our Account Security team plays a vital role as a beacon of safety and assurance for our clients. As an Account Security Specialist, you will be working alongside a team of vigilant and security-focused individuals who have sharpened their ability to detect danger before, while, and after it happens. Kraken is one of the oldest, most secure exchanges out there, and that wouldn’t be possible without the talent and efforts from our team. From the slightest of security concerns, to compromised accounts, our Account Security team works together to provide 6-star support, and ensure that our clients feel confident in using Kraken for their crypto exploration.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency, based in Vietnam. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The Client Engagement Account Security group is looking for multiple specialists to join the team. This is an entry level position in which you would start in the Account Access group. We are seeking specialists to primarily work between the hours of 15 - 3 UTC. As an Account Security Specialist, you will effectively be acting as a gatekeeper, assisting clients in regaining access to their Kraken accounts and ensuring illicit actors are kept at bay. You will analyze information provided by clients and combine it with a thorough review of Admin logs to determine if we are in contact with the true account owner. An ideal candidate will have very strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills and a healthy level of paranoia.
New specialists on the team would start out as a Level 1, where they would be expected to complete a thorough analysis of accounts, and then forward the ticket to senior specialists who would then take the required actions on the account. Level 1 is essentially our training ground with an estimated duration of 2 to 3 months. Once specialists level up to Level 2 and beyond, they will be granted permissions to take actions on accounts. As you level up in Account Access, you may expand into other areas of Account Security, such as Email Issues, Account Closures and Account Security - Investigations.
- Be part of a team of Account Security CE Specialists in delivering a 6-Star experience that results in cultivating Kraken Evangelists
- Stay vigilant, ensuring that security is at the forefront in all aspects of your work
- Primarily utilizing email to respond to client requests daily regarding issues accessing their Kraken accounts, security concerns or general troubleshooting
- Strive to make your work as efficient as possible by improving or creating processes, automating as much of your work as possible
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) while utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPI)Be diligent in attending training sessions and keeping up with the knowledge building about the industry, and our robust product and service offerings
- Advance our platform and improve servicing by learning the product inside out to best represent our client’s needs to the relevant teams
Skills you should HODL
- This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency
- Security and privacy focused
- You must be willing to work evenings and weekends (rotationally)
- Motivated by Kraken’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global client base
- Crypto trading experience, preferably on multiple platforms
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate globally across multiple departments and stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and to handle high volumes of requests, all while creating a 6-Star experience for our clients Experience working within a metrics-driven environment is a must
- Able to make quick decisions autonomously
- Strong attention to detailPrior relevant experience in financial services, crypto, technology, and/or customer support
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to learn and navigate new software using multiple platforms
- Experience with compliance, fraud, account access, trust and safety, or other relevant operational domains is a strong asset.
Nice to Haves
- Fluent in one of the following languages: French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, Korean
- Scheduling preference of working every weekend is ideal, but not required.
Interested so far? Here’s how the hiring process will look:
- Pre-screen assessment - around crypto and customer support (to be completed in 72 hours)
- Video screen with our Talent Acquisition team (30 minutes)
- Interview with the team (60 minutes)
- Final interview with team managers/directors (60 minutes)
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know