21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products.21.co is the parent company of 21Shares, one of the world’s largest issuers of cryptocurrency-backed exchange traded products (ETPs) – which is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties.
21Shares was one of the first to issue a bitcoin ETP in 2019 and manages a suite of ETFs in the U.S., including a spot bitcoin ETF and 40’ Act vehicles.
The company has offices in Zurich, London, and New York. 21.co was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About the Role:
21.co, parent company of 21Shares, is looking for a Public Relations Manager, with public relations and media experience. The PR Manager will join a fast paced and nimble in-house Communications/PR team supporting our 21.co and 21Shares brands. This highly motivated person will support the team in externally promoting our products and brands to the business, finance, technology and crypto press. In addition, this role will help coordinate critical timelines, calendars and preparation for industry events, awards submissions, as well as news coordination with our social and marketing teams. Candidates should be comfortable managing agencies as well as have pre-existing relationships with reporters.
Who You Are:
- Thoughtful and excited for a challenge
- Extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
What You Will Be Doing:
- Execute the overall communications strategy for21.co/ 21Shares
- Write and update press releases and other press and marketing materials
- Coordinate speaking opportunities and media outreach at external events working closely with the Marketing team and PR agencies
- Organize and maintain industry conference/events/awards calendar and help identify opportunities to place key executives at events that will support greater company objectives
- Develop close working relationships with PR agencies on:
- Monitoring industry news and flag issues and trends and relevant coverage, track and maintain media coverage
- Media pitches for reporters
- Rapid commentary opportunities
- Brainstorming ideas on ways to leverage21.co/ 21Shares product initiatives
- Develop strong relationship with with other departments (Sales, Product, Engineering, Research) for commentary, thought leadership and review
- 5+ years of experience at a PR agency or in-house at a fintech or crypto company
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or Public Relations
- Strong writing skills required
- Become a crypto nerd – have the desire to follow and understand current events and how the media covers them
- Ability to communicate news-worthy topics to the press
- Experience and understanding of the crypto industry is a plus
- Startup mentality and experience a plus
- Pre-existing relationships with reporters in the business, finance, technology and crypto sectors
- Fluent in English; preferably also in German / French
This role is based in London OR Zurich and will be expected to work from our London OR Zurich office in a hybrid model Monday - Wednesday.