The Principal Software Engineer will be working in development and delivery of high quality, timely, and maintainable software solutions in an Agile environment which meet functional and non-functional business requirements. This role will involve partner & stakeholder engagement, design and release support.
- Designing and implementing technology solutions for the Fidelity Digital Asset business
- High Performance algorithms for trading / crypto trading
- Working closely with our business partners to contribute to business-critical initiatives
- Demonstrate software engineering excellence through continuous integration, continuous deployment,
- Keeps current with IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity; guides junior team members on technology
- Collaborate with multiple customers/large cross functional teams as part of work delivery
- Follows practices and contribute towards innovative solutions to increase productivity
- This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 8+ of software engineering experience
- Strong background in designing and developing low latency trading systems
- Experience in building matching engine,OMS/EMS or exchange-connectivity platform
- Experience using kernel bypass e.g., Solarflare OpenOnLoad
- Extensive experience with modern C++ and Java using zero GC pattern
- Highly proficient in ultra-low latency design patterns and optimizing trading systems
- Hands on experience with low latency messaging products, such as Aeron, Solace and 29West
- Knowledge of WebSocket and FIX protocols
- Proficient in SQL and a working knowledge of relational and time series databases
- Experience with designing APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services
- An understanding of microservice architecture and cloud-based deployments
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Can provide leadership and mentorship across small, agile teams in a very collaborative environment where your ideas are welcome
- Solid analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- An interest in and experience with cryptocurrencies and a passion for keeping up to date in the space
- Have the drive and ability to deliver software with a high degree of automation
- Proficient with version control systems and can handle development for multiple releases in parallel
- Have the spirit and willingness to contribute to org level innovation
- Have a learning mindset and is able to demonstrate versatility in addition to your specialization
- Should have the ability to work effectively with both partners and project team members
- Have knowledge of Agile methodologies or iterative development processes
- Have knowledge of acceptance test-driven development a plus
- Have ability to take ownership
- Coach team members and take accountability for the deliverables
- Excellent collaboration and Interpersonal skills
- Great attitude, being a mentor, standout colleague and effective contributor
- You have Focus on productivity
- Experience in Capital markets or Crypto Currency specifically with exposure to Trading, Algo Trading.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets adopts an entrepreneurial culture and startup approach while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the Trading Team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment. This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features. It is a great opportunity to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
The Fidelity Digital Asset Trading Team is responsible for platform services and APIs that manage trading of crypto currency. Platform contains a crossing engine, smart router, market data aggregator among other trading modules running in low latency and high throughput environment.