Founded in 2020, Nascent exists to build, expand, and capture opportunity, in open markets and permissionless technologies. Building from a base of permanent capital, we deploy assets across a range of both liquid and long-term strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build. We’ve made venture investments in 50+ early-stage teams that we believe have the potential to create substantive change, expand boundaries, and find new horizons. We are consistently on the hunt for the most competitive and curious minds exploring the edges of the crypto ecosystem and leverage our hyper flexible structure to accelerate ideas into fully deployed strategies.
As a Support Engineer at Nascent, you will play a pivotal role in enabling the seamless execution and automation of our trading operations. Your focus on operational efficiency, comprehensive data analysis, and the implementation of automation using Python scripts will be key elements in empowering the trade team for flawless execution. Leveraging your expertise in using Python, Bash, or other scripting languages and working with real-time data, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of our trading processes.
This is an opportunity for a high-potential individual to make a direct impact on Nascent’s performance and bottom line, in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking someone with a passion for systems, providing real-time data insights, and automating processes for optimal operational efficiency, especially those excited about delving into the realm of crypto trading!
The role is based in our Montreal office, allowing for close collaboration with our trade team and offering a unique chance for professional growth and contribution.
- You will play a critical role liaising between trade team and developers: collecting trader needs, supervising system observability, and resolving issues, working in close collaboration with developers to maintain feature excellence.
- Facilitate efficient communication and prioritize alignment between the development team and traders.
- Collaborate with the trading team to investigate trades, ensuring that positions, P&L, and other metrics align with expectations when they trade.
- Develop a resilient alerting system to proactively identify system problems and potential operational inefficiencies.
- Serve as the point person for testing and evaluating new features, actively providing valuable feedback to enhance their functionality and effectiveness.
- Analyze trading logs to identify opportunities for trade optimization and provide recommendations to traders based on nuanced details.
- Create reconciliation systems to maintain accurate positions and P&L at all time.
- Collaborate with exchange support teams to resolve trading-related issues promptly.
- You thrive in less structured environments and are at your best when driving and delivering results.
- You have strong problem-solving abilities, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Customer orientation and ability to optimize and align key stakeholders.
- Experience in a similar role, working with real-time data and being an integral part of a small team.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, with a strong focus on Bash and Python, or other automation languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field is not required, but highly advantageous.
- Practiced ownership of a key system from inception to implementation, ensuring you play a pivotal role in building them from ground zero to fully functional, driving operational excellence.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, and Alibaba, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of monitoring, analytics, and alerting tools, including Datadog or similar software.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders & creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment & play with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability & honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform & win. Our distributed team understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins we all win.
- The opportunity to learn, experiment and build in an entrepreneurial environment
- Remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including dental, vision, and life
- Generous paid parental leave & supported return to work
- Home Office, coworking space and wellness stipend
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching, technical experts and support for continuing your skill development and growth
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.