Transaction Monitoring (TM) Risk Rule Tuning Analyst/Associate/Manager
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself within the Compliance Department of Binance, specifically in the SMSS System and Control team. With an operational scope across the SMSS Department *(including Name Screening, Transaction Screening, Transaction Monitoring, and Market Surveillance)* our team aims to facilitate the efficient functioning of these operational teams through effectual system processes and designs. Comprised of compliance professionals who have a penchant for technology and data-driven decision-making, our team is instrumental in improving and implementing compliance system monitoring rules.
Furthermore, at Binance, we consider the versatility of our employees paramount. Therefore, any successful candidate would also be given the opportunity to cross-train in other Compliance Systems due to our team's transversal nature.
- Analyzing TM rules and subsequent alerts to identify room for improvement.
- Interpreting data and converting statistical outputs into decisions regarding rule effectiveness and efficiency.
- Guiding the development, upkeep, and definition of tuning and back-testing policies, standards, and processes related to the TM tuning and back-testing area.
- Managing automated TM implementation activities which include, sourcing data from multiple systems and overseeing testing and tuning efforts up to supporting our Program Management Office (PMO) activities.
- Regularly conducting audits on Transaction Monitoring Rule Settings, identifying gaps or errors, coordinating with stakeholders for rectification.
- Serving as an advisory liaison to the Financial Crime team, MLRO, Risk, Audit, and Operational partners concerning the application of Transaction Monitoring systems and solutions.
- Collaborating with PMO, Technology, Legal, Risk, Audit, and other business divisions to ensure stakeholder engagement throughout the Transaction Monitoring project’s lifecycle.
- Developing governance documentation explaining change rationale for comprehension and approval from senior leadership and committees.
- An extensive understanding and knowledge of the TM landscape, its rules, and latest best practices.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly relating to Transaction Monitoring Alert Handling.
- Ability to interpret data sets and statistical outputs, transforming them into clear decision-making documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, confident in sharing ideas and propositions with senior stakeholders.
- Proven writing skills for updating procedures, documentation, change request documents, and audit findings.
- Practical ability to strike a balance between the TM rule set's efficiency and effectiveness.
- A continual commitment to staying updated with market developments.
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) required, preferably in Data governance, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, OR Business, Law, Economics, Public Policy.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the Compliance domain.
- Being ACAMS/ACSS certified will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable competency in data analysis. Advanced Excel skills would be highly preferred.
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Flexible working hours, remote-first, and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Job posted on