Senior Tax Analyst
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
- Chainlink has helped enable $8T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
- Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
- Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
- Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
- Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
- Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
- The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
- You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
- You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
- You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
- You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
- You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
- You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
Chainlink has already experienced huge success in its core verticals and is poised for a rapid expansion into new use cases. Our ambitions are limitless, and we believe this open-source technology can and will change the world.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and be a part of the rapidly evolving and exciting blockchain industry. In this position, you will work directly with our Tax Manager to support the organization’s tax compliance and planning strategy. This role is a great opportunity to apply your international tax knowledge to deal with novel and cutting-edge tax cases in the blockchain space.
- Lead the effort of gathering data and assist with the review for all tax filings, including US federal, state, local, and foreign local tax returns
- Prepare global tax provision, reconcile tax accounts, assist with the statutory audit of income tax provision as needed
- Support the development of transfer pricing policies, the respective intercompany accounting, transfer pricing adjustments calculations
- Perform tax research on various tax issues, including US international tax, corporate and partnership tax, tax treaties, transfer pricing, and tax legislation updates etc.
- Document and maintain appropriate audit ready tax workpapers, processes and procedures
- Able to effectively and efficiently partner with internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR)
- Assist with managing external advisor and budget
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Assist with tax planning efforts and other duties / special projects as assigned, and support tax audits as needed
- Support the implementation of ERP system and tax software as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of relevant senior tax experience in hands-on US corporate and international tax compliance and tax operational experience
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and multiple projects and responsibilities timely and effectively, excellent attention to detail
- Take ownership of all tasks assigned
- Willing to grow in a startup environment, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets, ERP experience
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries, industry specific tax compliance matters is preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility
Please let Chainlink know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.