Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Data Platform team at Pagoda is building the search experience on near.org, allowing users and developers to quickly discover content, applications built on different blockchains, and search code examples. We focus on building scalable, performant, and reliable infrastructure to allow developers to add their own indexes to our search engine and increase engagement on the near.org.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with a fully distributed team around the world;
- Develop extensible search capabilities on near.org for on-chain and off-chain content;
- Develop frameworks for software engineers to build search plugins;
- Build TypeScript-based indexers to power search and other APIs;
- Make Performance optimizations and scalability/reliability improvements;
- Follow the minimal processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Participate in on-call rotations.
What We're Looking For
- Hands-on experience building search experiences using ElasticSearch, Algolia or other Search-as-a-Service products is a must.
- Understanding data processing and storage solutions and ability to find balance between cost, performance and scalability.
- Experience building complex analytical SQL queries;
- Ability to quickly learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Creativity to come up with proof of concept from high level design while not knowing all the details;
- Ability to write clean yet efficient code in a variety of programming languages and technologies, including TypeScript, Rust, SQL, Python;
- Effective communication skills to convey your ideas and discuss with team members for technical challenges.
We'd Love If You Have
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities;
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines, observability tools and metrics;
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies;
- Experience working at a startup.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Recruiter Screen
- First Round:
- Coding Interview
- Systems Design Interview
- Final Round
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Pagoda Values Interview
The base salary range for this role is $148,750 - $195,000, which represents the salary range applicable to US locations only. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay within the range is dependent upon many factors, including: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Encouraged 20 days of flexible PTO per year, plus your local holidays
- Wellness weeks – 2 weeks of paid company-wide closures
- 100% Paid medical, dental and vision, AD&D and life insurance for US employees, including 85% coverage for dependents, and HSA + FSA options; For non-US employees, 100% Paid private medical coverage available at the highest tiered plan
- Access to licensed therapists and mental health resources through Spill, 100% confidential and paid by Pagoda; plus $75 monthly reimbursement for wellness
- Generous parental leave options; All employees have access to $10,000 in fertility assistance through Carrot
- For US employees, 401(k) retirement plan available (no match)
- Annual company retreats and team offsites (2023 was in Spain; 2022 in Portugal)
- $2,000 Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.