Senior Node.js Developer
Freeway is a revolutionary crypto platform on a mission to make finance more rewarding for all. Combining the best of traditional finance with the best of decentralised finance, Freeway is building a new financial system from the ground up.
Do you want to be part of our visionary team, helping to build a future fintech unicorn that will shape the future of finance by making it fairer and more accessible for all?
We are seeking a skilled Node.js developer to join the Freeway Tech Team.
You will have in-depth knowledge of — and IRL experience in — Node.js and TypeScript. You will be joining our A-Team and should have the best back-end development skills among your peers to back up your membership into the team. We expect calm under pressure and a “do whatever it takes” mentality — both critical attributes in our quickly-evolving industry.
You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions. You will have worked with front-end React teams in a production environment in order to provide slick, intuitive experiences for users across all platforms. Your expertise will ensure stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
You will be collaborating with our entire Tech Team on a regular basis. You’re a team player who enjoys collaboration but you can also be relied upon to solve problems and build solutions independently when needed. You will work in partnership with other front-end and back-end developers and will play a critical role in developing Freeway apps. You will be expected to architect and execute solutions that are elegant, fast and sustainable.
You will also be responsible for profiling and improving back-end performance and documenting our back-end codebase on a daily basis. We need to move fast but not at the expense of performance or code readability.
Most importantly, you are active in crypto, know it’s the future and want to be part of the revolution. This is an opportunity to help shape a revolutionary fintech brand that is set to take the industry by storm.
Node.js Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain all server-side network components
- Ensure optimal performance of databases and responsiveness to front-end requests
- Collaborate with front-end developers on the integration of elements
- Architect and code back-end services for various business processes
- Develop high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code
- Implement effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Document Node.js processes, including database schemas
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and technologies
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- Regularly monitor and improve app performance
- Participate in the development of requirements and documentation
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure a quality product
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- You always ship.
- You have an excellent attention to detail.
- You are active in crypto. While not a dealbreaker for the strongest candidates, you ideally have professional experience in Web3 and/or FinTech.
- You have a thorough understanding of Node.js and its core principles and best practices.
- You have previous experience working as a Node.js developer, with the background to prove it.
- You have production experience with postgreSQL, sequelize and express.
- You are familiar with the AWS stack(s) and ideally have production experience with AWS.
- You are an excellent troubleshooter and problem solver.
- You are highly capable at time management and project management.
- You write well-documented, clean code.
- You use automated testing tools, debugging tools and performance testing tools daily. In fact, you might say that you are obsessed with performance.
- You prefer to code but when needed, you have the ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- While this role is focused on the development of back-end services, you still have extensive knowledge of front-end libraries, frameworks and vanilla HTML/CSS.