Coinbase is one of the oldest and largest crypto exchanges, and Coinbase Jobs are one of the most coveted in the industry. Founded in 2012, Coinbase is now a crypto heavyweight with over 68 million verified users and 1,250 employees. Coinbase even went public in 2021 on Nasdaq via a direct listing.
Coinbase was launched by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. It is based in San Francisco, California. However, the exchange now has offices spread across multiple cities in US, Europe, and Asia. Coinbase brought in a revenue of $2.23 Billion in Q2 2020, and at the peak of its share price, its valuation exceeded $100 Billion.
Coinbase does not advertise a lot of internship opportunities. However, they do come from time to time.
Coinbase has also embraced remote jobs. Pretty much most positions that Coinbase is hiring for now are remote. However, Coinbase Remote Jobs are country-specific. Meaning, Coinbase still hires people from the countries they operate in, but the positions themselves are remote.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and at any given time, Coinbase has hundreds of open jobs. Check out the jobs below if you're looking to work for Coinbase.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior/Staff Global GL Operations Accountant must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling environment, and effective interpersonal communication skills.
Reporting to the GL Operations lead, the Senior/Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in all areas of the company’s operational accounting. The position will involve collaborating with a team of over 5 individuals. This position will directly own Global GL accounting, corporate cash management and reconciliations, ensuring completeness and accuracy of expenses, accounts payable, capitalisation of property plant and equipment, accounting of leases, accounting and amortisation of prepaid expenses amongst others. The role will also include significant involvement in the month-end close process, financial reporting and related processes. The role will need collaboration with various teams across the organisation; design and implementation of controls and process improvements and assistance in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Support Global general ledger accounting, including ensuring completeness of expense accruals, reconciling prepaid expenses and fixed asset balances
- Support with month end and quarter end close book close process and ensuring accounting and reconciliations are performed in a timely manner
- Own and maintain various areas of the company’s operational accounting, review daily journals and review valid supporting schedules.
- Own the company’s Global Payroll accounting, review payroll journals and review valid supporting documents.
- Manage accountability for accuracy through identification of process improvements, variance analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by junior members of the accounting team.
- Review International payroll inputs before they are shared with Payroll processors and review the processed payroll output reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Payroll vendors and internal treasury teams to ensure Payroll is processed on a timely basis including payment of statutory payments.
- Prepare and provide supporting documentation for external audits, including international subsidiary statutory financial statements.
- Participate in critical projects, including the transitioning to new external vendors, integration, automation or enhancements.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Chartered Accountant/CPA or related degree.
- 7+ years of core accounting experience including payroll operations; experience with a multinational company.
- A mix of publicly-listed or high-growth start-up companies or public accounting is desired.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Accounting Standards; USGAAP knowledge a plus.
- Solid technical skills - Excel, GSheets, ERP systems.
- Knowledge of accounting month-end book close process.
- International payroll knowledge is a plus.
- Impeccable organization skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work and collaborate with large teams and also ability to collaborate with cross functional teams.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and Google Suite
- Experience working in a SOX control environment.
- Experience working with Large payroll vendors
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Please let Coinbase know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.