*Scroll has a remote-first work culture, our staff base is globally distributed and we are location agnostic. We make hiring decisions based on talent, culture fit and role suitability. If you have the skills and experience requested by this job description then please APPLY!
In a world beset by plummeting trust, Scroll is building the trust layer to power the next phase of the Internet, using state-of-the-art math and cryptography. We’re a team of passionate builders, researchers, and cryptographers who care deeply about open-source software and the community that enables it. If you thrive on openness, ownership, and flexibility, we should chat.
Scroll is building an open source, bytecode level compatible zkEVM layer 2 solution for Ethereum. Our mission is to scale Ethereum while maintaining our values of credible neutrality, openness, and community driven.
About the Job
- We’re hiring a Protocol Engineer to serve as a foundational member of a new Protocol team, dedicated to keeping Scroll at the very forefront of blockchain and Ethereum innovation.
- This hire will own and lead projects that ensure Scroll continues to differentiate itself, and pushes the boundaries of zkRollup technology.
- The Protocol Engineer will design and implement features in production, and will contribute to and have a massive impact upon the broader Ethereum ecosystem.
- You will work at the forefront of the industry, on massively complex problems, like decentralizing the sequencer.
- You will do it alongside other deeply driven technical minds, in a culture defined by and dedicated to autonomy, ownership and openness. And you will have the chance to collaborate externally with thinkers and researchers in academia and other leading blockchain organizations.
- This is a fully remote job.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new, production-ready, open-source blockchain protocol projects using Golang or Rust and good understanding of Solidity. For instance, by having contributed to Ethereum, authored and implemented EIPs, published/commented on ethresear.ch, pushed PRs to nodes like geth or Lighthouse, EF fellowship, and/or written academic papers, etc.
- You take ownership, and operate proactively, independently, and with openness and transparency. Confident but humble and low ego, your excitement over learning complex concepts motivates and inspires others.
- You enjoy collaborating with others and excel at communicating with them, asynchronously and across cultures. You speak and write (documentation and specs, as well as on Slack), clearly and concisely.
- Excellent coding standards (distributed systems, open source, correct and performant code, good developer practices, effective use of Notion/GitHub, performance profiling, optimization, correct + robust + maintainable code).
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Ethereum, EVM, L2s, Rollups, ZK
- Familiarity with cryptography
- Technical publications and/or articles, Twitter threads, etc.
- The ability to speak Chinese
What We Offer
- A mission-led, collaborative culture
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and like-minded people who are contributing to the progression of Ethereum
- Competitive salary package / generous paid time off / annual growth budget
- Remote from any location with flexible hours
- Home office set up / co-working membership allowance
- Private healthcare in selected countries
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Job posted on