Working at The Block is one of the most enjoyable, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you’ll have in your career.
The Block is the leading research, analysis and news brand in the digital asset space. Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block’s team is spread across 7 times zones, covering the global cryptocurrency and blockchain space 24/7.
Through The Block’s website + newsletter, the Genesis research brand, our podcast “The Scoop,” hosted + 3rd party events and community participation, we interact daily with tens of thousands of crypto natives, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, government leaders and more.
The Block delivers deep insight into how this emerging sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments and markets. The Block’s foundation is simple: we are the first and final word in digital assets.
Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets. We are seeking a Product Designer with strong UX/UI skills to join our growing Design team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating user-centered designs that are both visually appealing and highly functional. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business goals, user needs, and technological capabilities to design creative solutions that help us to deliver best-in-market products. You will have the opportunity to own specific product features end-to-end, from conception to delivery. We are seeking someone with a strong creative vision that will help us to look critically at our products from the inside out as we continue to iterate and improve the overall experience. If you’re a highly motivated person that is seeking an opportunity to have a real impact on a growing team and you enjoy solving complex design problems, creating user-centered designs, and have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your expertise in Figma, Prototyping, and UX/UI design, we encourage you to apply for this position.The hiring range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 in base salary, plus equity and benefits. Base salary pay within the provided range will be refined based on candidate’s experience and location.
- Take ownership of your work. You will be expected to outline the vision, goals, and timeline to delivery of specific product features. This will include defining the scope, setting priorities, and identifying metrics for success.
- Conduct research to understand user needs, market trends, and competitor offerings.
- Design concepts and prototypes that translate strategy into tangible outputs. This includes designing user interfaces, interactions, and experiences that are intuitive, accessible, and delightful.
- Conduct user tests and gather feedback to validate the design and identify areas for improvement. This includes iterating on the design based on the feedback received.
- Document the design decisions, processes, and outcomes to ensure transparency and knowledge sharing within the team and the company.
- Provide design support to development teams during implementation. This includes doing visual quality assurance as designs are translated into code.
- Develop and maintain design guidelines, patterns, and templates.
- Continuously improve design processes and methodologies.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in product design with a focus on UX/UI design.
- Expert-level proficiency in Figma.
- Experience with prototyping and design systems.
- Solid understanding of responsive web design principles and best practices.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking methodology.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to inspect designs in a browser and identify CSS improvements to ensure pixel-perfect execution.
The following qualifications are not required, but are nice to have:
- Experience designing FinTech products.
- Experience designing B2B products.
- Interest or experience in cryptocurrency or alternative assets.
- Experience designing data visualizations.
Please let The Block know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.