Lead Technical Writer
(Location: New York (required))
At dYdX you'll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
- We’ve built the world’s leading decentralized exchange for crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Meta, Amazon, Two Sigma, Lyft and other top companies
- We're a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
- Work closely with engineering, product and research teams to understand and document our technologies and product (e.g. open source software documentation, API doc, user education content and etc), and provide documentation and content to a fast growing set of audience including end users, community members and developers.
- Design how existing and new content should be organized and presented to make content easier to understand and more discoverable
- Measure documentation effectiveness to identify gaps for areas of improvement
- Improve the content quality by obtaining both high-level and in-depth understanding of the product and technical details.
- Deliver content in various formats, including but not limited to written documentation, blog posts, public code repositories and video content
- Ensure that management and project stakeholders are well-informed of project status, including conflicts and resolution plans
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer on complex products/ technical projects (preferably in blockchain space)
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills in English language
- Experience owning the end-to-end documentation creation and management process
- Experience and proven ability in self-managing a high volume of tasks, priorities, and set yourself high standard of accuracy, proficiency and precision
- Experience in collaborating with a wide range of people, teams and community members
- Client-focused, partnering approach with both our business leaders and engineers to deliver a first-class experience for all stakeholders
NICE TO HAVES:
- Prior experience in crypto/finance industry
- Experienced as a technical writer on open source software
- Programming or other past technical experience
Salary range for this role is $122,500K to $189K USD (NY). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.