Investments Systems Engineer
What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
Are you the one?
We are seeking a highly motivated Investment Systems Engineer to join our team. The Investment Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining systems that support our Clients’ trading and portfolio management activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and experience working in the financial services industry (preferably asset management, investment banking, or trading).
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance platforms and tools
- Manage and analyze large financial data sets, including blockchain data
- Integrate various third-party financial software and data providers into our Clients’ systems
- Create tools and systems to help traders make optimal decisions
- Collaborate with traders, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop software solutions that meet their needs
- Ensure the security and reliability of our Clients’ systems
- Designing and building distributed and fault-tolerant systems
- An appreciation of scalable, high-availability, and low-latency architectures
- Optimizing software performance
- Excellent programming skills, C# preferred but will also consider other tech stacks (e.g., Go, Java)
- Ability to implement efficient algorithms and design complex data structures
- Experience with high-performance computing, data analytics, and distributed systems
- An understanding of good software architecture
- Ability to write clean, testable, and maintainable code without over-engineering
- An entrepreneurial nature, willing to take ownership and run toward problems
- Several years of experience in software development
- Strong computer science background
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the financial industry, with knowledge of financial markets, instruments, assets, products, and trading strategies
- Blockchain / Crypto
- Familiarity with financial data providers and APIs
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
We are always on the lookout for talent!
Join our growing and active community of 2000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT**
In the meantime, keep up to date on what we are working on by following us on our social channels:
Please let Nethermind know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.