Financial Reporting Analyst
Coinbase is one of the oldest and largest crypto exchanges, and Coinbase Jobs are one of the most coveted in the industry. Founded in 2012, Coinbase is now a crypto heavyweight with over 68 million verified users and 1,250 employees. Coinbase even went public in 2021 on Nasdaq via a direct listing.
Coinbase was launched by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. It is based in San Francisco, California. However, the exchange now has offices spread across multiple cities in US, Europe, and Asia. Coinbase brought in a revenue of $2.23 Billion in Q2 2020, and at the peak of its share price, its valuation exceeded $100 Billion.
Coinbase does not advertise a lot of internship opportunities. However, they do come from time to time.
Coinbase has also embraced remote jobs. Pretty much most positions that Coinbase is hiring for now are remote. However, Coinbase Remote Jobs are country-specific. Meaning, Coinbase still hires people from the countries they operate in, but the positions themselves are remote.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and at any given time, Coinbase has hundreds of open jobs. Check out the jobs below if you're looking to work for Coinbase.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Accounting Policy and Reporting team works at the frontier of the crypto industry and plays an integral role in interpreting and applying novel financial reporting guidance and is an integral component of Finance’s risk management and reporting process.. We are looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst who is excited to deal with new, challenging topics as industry regulations evolve, has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization, with a proven ability to thrive successfully in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment. This is a critical and high-profile position that will play a crucial role in financial reporting and other statutory filings. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and would involve partnering and collaborating with many stakeholders across the organization.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Prepare and coordinate the SEC filings - 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statements, earnings press releases, etc.
- Coordinate data requests and analysis for internal and external auditors.
- Oversee XBRL tagging of financial statements.
- Support the Financial Reporting team to ensure deadlines are met and accuracy of work.
- Perform financial analytics including variance analysis around the information disclosed in the external reports/disclosures.
- Preparation of the statutory quarterly and annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP and international accounting standards for the Company’s legal entities.
- Review and assist with the implementation of new SEC/GAAP requirements.
- Prepare financial information for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board meetings.
- Update internal control documentation and play a key role in the Company's SOX Compliance effort.
- Assist with finance process improvement initiatives to create efficiencies.
- Assist with additional projects impacting financial reporting or the wider accounting teams.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strong accounting background with a good knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC financial reporting standards.
- CPA or similar designation required.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant industry experience with current or recent public company SEC financial reporting experience.
- Combination of private and public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills.
- Meticulous and impeccable keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight timelines.
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels.
- Internal control experience preferable.
Nice to haves:
- Financial Institutions / Fintech background.
- Familiarity and experience with reporting tools, and financial systems such as Netsuite and Workiva (WDesk).
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $96,475 to $113,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Please let Coinbase know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.