At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.
Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official market makers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who is looking to bring their functional expertise to the exciting and innovative blockchain industry. At Wintermute, you will be responsible for working in high-performing Accounting and Financial Controlling functions. You will have an opportunity to design and shape this function, create best-in-class processes and tools, while also getting advice and guidance from multi-functional teams. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you’ll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, yet highest standards of compliance and business ethics. It is up to you to make an impact! Building and maintaining a robust, automated and scalable finance function is strategically important to Wintermute. You will report directly to the Head of Finance and will work with the Financial Controller, other management teams and senior members of the Wintermute team.
You will be joining one of the fastest growing startups in one of the most dynamic industries out there, so the role is going to be very dynamic and quite varied. You will have to understand the big picture of our plan, build things fast and be prepared to be very hands-on as needed. The role will be varied, but the key projects are highlighted below.
What will you work on
- Help maintain the automated and scalable accounting function that produces accurate monthly Management Reports within 5 days of the end of the month.
- Take ownership of and improve/automate the processes of invoice payments (AP) and expenses management
- Take ownership of and improve/automate corporate bank reconciliation processes and help build relevant integrations with the finance ledger
- Optimize and automate all reconciliations of revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity
- Work with the middle office team, developers and trading teams on enriching trading data and automating the data feeds into the ledger
- Help build a robust and scalable budgeting and forecasting model
- Help with the annual group audits covering multiple entities
- Financial Planning and Analysis: design and automate reporting, both internal management reporting and external reporting to partners, investors, authorities, etc.
- Direct and indirect tax computations and reporting
- Adhoc project work as required
Hard Skills Requirements
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field with a significant quantitative element
- Recognized accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA with one or more years post qualified experience
- Some experience in a high-performance environment; experience working in trading companies/hedge funds or similar would be an advantage
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Experience with the best-in-class automation systems and functions where scalability is driven by technology, rather than headcount and manual work
- Proficiency with NetSuite desirable
- Have an owner mentality: you focus on the ultimate result for the company (short and long-term growth, capital and cost optimization)
- Problem solving mentality: to assess, measure and analyse problems, define a relevant solution (incl. automation), review and test before implementation
- Experience in direct and indirect tax would be an advantage
- Basic Python or similar skills would be an advantage
- Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical. Love seeing the tangible results of you work
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Experience (or own research and interest) of crypto assets in general and knowledge of basic accounting treatments of crypto assets would be an advantage
- Like working in the team collaborative environment, mostly working from our brand new London office
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting and broad finance aspects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take 5-10 years longer to get in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups globally
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool, brand new office in central London
- Frequent team events such as team lunches, team dinners, video and other games
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed compensation you get significant performance-based variable pay
Please let Wintermute know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.