Aragon Association is a small, remote-only team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We’re entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, troublemakers and problem solvers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between, who are designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of decentralized autonomous organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.
As an Event Manager you will help broaden and deepen Aragon’s role within crypto and adjacent industries by building out a portfolio of unforgettable high-impact gatherings. You will have autonomy to own the full event pipeline, from initial design and ideation to setting the production schedule, planning, logistics, and day-of execution.
💪 What do we expect from an Event Manager?
- You are a natural and experienced planner, able to oversee all aspects of event management for conference participation, sponsorship, hosting, speaker coordination - from A to Z. Every relevant detail is considered well in advance.
- You build replicable event playbooks and processes that ensure consistency in external engagement across the brand and scale the impact of your organization.
- You see events as part of a larger business development roadmap that ensures that each event is strategically relevant for your organization and brings maximum ROI.
- You don’t wait for opportunities to appear. You have a pulse on what is happening in the community, industry trends, and who are the emerging thought leaders, building your own map of potential event organizers, sponsors, speakers, or collaborators.
- You have a growth-oriented mindset and are conscious of branding and communications efforts that you need to be successful. Defining event requirements clearly and ahead-of-schedule with your marketing colleagues ensures that the event has what it needs for world-class impact.
- You have a plan for swag. From collaborating with design and marketing to the ordering, communications with manufacturers, shipping, inventorying, and anything else involving management of promotional material, physical booth items, and wearables - you’ve got it handled.
- You make sure that everyone representing your organization is equipped with the guidelines and resources they need. You brief event speakers and attendees so they are fully prepared.
- You keep everyone else in the loop, so that venues, vendors, speakers, and any other stakeholders are abreast on project timelines and logistics. Because you are a meticulous record keeper, confusion is minimized when you are in charge.
- You ensure events execute flawlessly on the day-of. On-the-fly surprises are kept to a minimum, and you can divert crises when they do happen.
- You are there when you need to be. You love to travel, and you are able to assess when you are needed at events in order to keep things running smoothly.
⚠️ Minimum requisites
- 3+ years of experience planning or overseeing a successful event program
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and stay calm under pressure in order to provide solutions to emerging and sometimes vague challenges
- Highly process oriented with a keen eye for detail
- Must be comfortable in a quickly changing environment that demands proactive self-management and a scrappy “get it done” attitude
- No ego - must have a positive and humble attitude, be open to feedback, and have a natural knack for bringing others together
- Proficient in tools to assist in event planning and coordination, including Hubspot, Notion, Excel, Jira, or related tools
- Excellent English communication - both written and oral - that is completely free of bullshit
- Highly interested in decentralized technology and the culture that is emerging around it
- Must be able to work odd hours and travel to hit key event-related deadlines
- Must be a resident of and able to work and travel within Europe or the United States
💡 Bonus skills
- Experience working as an event planner in the crypto industry - whether in DeFi, DAOs, NFTs, etc.
- Having a preexisting and well-maintained network of industry partners to get rocking on day 1
- Experience in a marketing role or as a writer, with an exceptional ability to tailor messages to the right audience
- Experience managing online and offline communities
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we are in the process of taking this one step further with our plans to fully transition into operating as a new Aragon DAO by 2023. This means that we’re a remote only organization that’s flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you’re within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.