Director of Token Payroll
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau.Read more about Toku inFortune,Yahoo Finance, andCoinDesk.
To learn more, check ourwebsite.
About the role
Toku is looking for an experienced payroll leader to support the growth and development of our complex global financial infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, this role offers a unique opportunity to oversee and optimize both our fiat payroll and crypto payroll infrastructure. This role will work closely with the founders as well and be in a client-facing role.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on leader with a minimum of 7 years of experience in payroll management, ideally with exposure to crypto and blockchain technologies. There will be many growth opportunities as the company scales.
- Manage payroll operations across EMEA and APAC regions, overseeing payrolls in upwards of 15 countries.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to collect and organize payroll data to meet payroll calendar requirements.
- Review and reconcile payroll data within agreed-upon timeframes to ensure accurate and compliant payments to employees and third parties.
- Maintain up-to-date records, processes, and procedures, ensuring compliance with payroll regulations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Monitor payroll provider performance and ensure the implementation of new country payrolls aligns with business standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll-related issues from start to finish.
- Be responsible for statutory filing requirements and stay current on payroll compliance for countries under your purview.
- Serve as the first line of contact for internal employees, external parties, partners, and vendors regarding payroll inquiries.
- Stay abreast of global payroll regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements, particularly as they pertain to cryptocurrency transactions.
- Work closely with the Customer Success and Implementation teams to ensure smooth onboarding and ongoing experience for our clients.
- MBA, BS or equivalent degrees.
- 7+ years of financial management experience, including payroll operations and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of global payroll laws, tax regulations, and compliance standards.
- Experience in early or late-stage global startups
- Deep understanding of payroll regulations, accounting principles, and SEC/IRS regulations.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical problem-solving skills, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of identifying growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote and agile environment.
- A hustler mentality with a history of founding companies or side projects.
Nice to Have
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.
Job posted on