Data Infrastructure Engineer - Observability
Blockswap is a permissionless middle layer for Web3 ensuring blockchain benefits accessible to mainstream users.
Blockswap Labs, a core contributor to the Blockswap Network, is building a suite of products to support the Ethereum Proof of Stake benefits to be accessible for mainstream users and protocols. We are consistently trying to push the envelope, solving some of the most challenging problems in Ethereum and its Rollup Ecosystem for Defi and Web 3. We delivered Industry’s first 60 secs ETH staking, Keyless recovery for Etheruem Validators, and Restakng collectives via Liquid Staking Derivatives that enable anyone to have a validator for 4 ETH.
Our team is one of the most impactful and knowledgeable in Cross-chain Communication and introduced bridgeless multichain liquidity. We are a very diverse, globally distributed team and a key proponent of the Rollup-centric future of Ethereum. We focus on last-mile user onboarding, and our ecosystem has grown from strength to strength.
The company was founded by leading cross-chain specialists and DeFi engineers. We are a small team crushing the scene with a passion for a decentralized future, currently active on MEV, Bridgeless multichain token transfers, and liquidity management.
About the Role:
Blockswap is looking for an experienced Data Infrastructure Engineer - Observability / Monitoring to join our Engineering team to build and maintain the monitoring infrastructure. This is an opportunity to monitor, observe, and operate various use cases of Ethereum-staking, including staked yield and MEV supply chain. You will have exposure to a wide range of DeFi primitives and to Rollups. This is a unique opportunity to lead the industry simultaneously observing consensus/execution layer data for Ethereum validators.
We are building a ground-up state aggregation and indexing platform that allows developers to build the next generation of DeFi multichain protocols with publicly verifiable onchain information at the core. The platform enables real-time integration of Registry contracts and Gateway contracts state extensions for cross-chain liquidity provisions and order flow management.
As a Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will join our Engineering team - Monitoring & Intelligence dept and bring your expertise to allow Blockswap to meet its ambitious goals. This role demands a driven individual who is highly disciplined, agile, and user-centered, with a roll-up-his-sleeves and making-things-happen attitude!
- Manage Observability challenge — monitoring the uptime of Ethereum Node and reliability of our protocols contract rules.
- Assist in the formal specification of contract state rules and aggregating event-driven architecture and alerting approach.
- Develop and build a highly scalable, secure, and reliable Data indexing that helps Registry smart contracts usage at a fundamental level.
- Develop and maintain pipelines & features: You will build or improve the current data engineering stack, be it pipelines or components.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the Ethereum staking and their Liquid stake derivative performance infrastructure’s observability.
- Manage Blockswap observability infrastructure for Ethereum and Rollup nodes
- Proactively improve coverage and create automated alerts for protocol needs by maintaining and enhancing the Ethereum infrastructure’s observability.
- Define observability standards, create documentation, contribute to structured pipelines and Implement detailed triage/escalation/remediation procedures and tooling to automate it
- Translate onchain data for Defi capabilities by enriching smart contract events and on-chain data analysis.
- Develop internal data API and collaborate with the DevOps for deployment
- Implement observability data acquisition and observability/incident management User Interface and implement alerts rules
- 3+ years of professional experience as an engineer in data engineering or platform infrastructure teams
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Desirably 1+ years of experience in Data Engineering handling Ethereum Node running, Indexers (GraphQL), or event-driven infrastructures like Forta, Tenderly, etc.
- Strong communication skills and fluent English is a must.
Our Tech Stack:
- Cloud Flare
- AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, SQS, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk)
- API Gateway
- Serverless architecture (Lambda/Step functions).
- Have the technical ability to jump into code to add, fix or extend existing metrics.
- Optional: certifications in cloud computing such as AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level
- Advanced understanding and hands-on experience with Python, databases, distributed systems, microservices, analytics engineering platforms
Blockswap is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace all qualified persons to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.
Please let Blockswap network know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.