Communications and Community Manager
Electric Coin Co. builds and supports technology to provide people with access to a fair and open currency — regardless of location or demographic. Inventors of Zcash.
ECC has become known for world-class cryptography, engineering and professionalism, with consistent delivery across regulatory engagement, responsible disclosure and trademark protection.
Our mission at Electric Coin Co. is to empower economic freedom, and to that end, we created and launched the Zcash digital currency in 2016. Today — along with other independent teams and developers — we continue to support the Zcash community through product development, awareness and adoption, and cutting-edge research initiatives.
We engage in a variety of media and social media channels to communicate with a wide audience, educate, maintain transparency, and broadcast our message to the world. To drive these initiatives, we are seeking a Communications and Community Manager who will help write and develop a steady stream of content, plus manage ECC’s social media presence with the goal of fostering a thriving online community.
The Communications and Community Manager will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and work closely with our Digital Marketing Lead and outside agencies.
- Work with the ECC marketing team to develop and release content that furthers the ECC mission and educates people about Zcash — e.g., videos, case studies, memes, web copy, and shareable assets.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, emerging social channels, and best practices.
- Create and manage an integrated content calendar for social media, blogs, newsletters, and misc. communications.
- Lead ongoing management of all social media in concert with Digital Marketing and other Growth stakeholders.
- Coordinate online events with ecosystem partners, such as Twitter Spaces, and occasionally attend ECC and/or industry events in person.
- Help coordinate ECC media interviews and appearances.
- Lead ongoing management of the ECC blog, including calendar, content gathering, recruiting guest bloggers, and posting content.
- Gather weekly insights about social media/community performance, highlighting top-performing content and low performing content and opportunities.
- Work with departmental leadership to produce a quarterly ECC transparency report.
We have few concrete requirements. We're flexible and looking for the right person, but intend to hire an engaging communicator and storyteller, a skilled editor, and a leader with demonstrated success in building compelling narratives and creative campaigns. This person will also have experience in growing strong social media communities. Crypto-native preferred.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by the following:
- Growing Zcash awareness and adoption.
- Improving the reputation of Zcash and ECC.
- Building community; connecting with new teams and personalities; and identifying standout influencers and stakeholders who are passionate about ECC, Zcash, and privacy.
- Engaging the world with fun, memorable content and campaigns.
- Growing an active social media presence and providing fast response times to relevant posts, inquiries, comments, industry news, etc.
- Highlighting current trends in the crypto and fintech spaces, and presenting ideas on how our team can implement and execute.
We have a strong ethos of professional conduct. This means you need the empathy and emotional intelligence to be a supportive colleague and collaborate well with people of widely different backgrounds, personalities, and skill sets.
Detailed Benefits ...
- Remote First Culture
- Full premiums paid for all US employees + dependents for all medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible PTO
- Fun Fridays
- Option to participate in a 401k Plan
- The starting rate for this position begins at $80,000
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above starting rate represents ECC’s reasonable estimate of compensation at the time of posting. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck and includes additional attractive incentive benefits such as a retention grant of ZEC coins.At the end of the day, we're looking for someone who's as excited as we are about building the future of economic freedom. Sound like you? Get in touch at [email protected] Have questions? Please reach out to [email protected].
Please let Electric Coin Company know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.