What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
About the role
Everyone knows that solving scaling is one of the most critical topics in Ethereum today. To that end, the Nubia team at Nethermind has been working with StarkWare on Warp, a Solidity/Vyper -> Cairo transpiler. StarkNet is StarkWare’s decentralized, permissionless STARK-powered L2 ZK-Rollup that supports general computation over Ethereum, and Cairo is its native language. Cairo is a great language, but many existing protocols cannot switch to a new language due to time/money/talent constraints. To help solve the lack of talent, we are hiring for software engineers interested in Cairo.
At the Nubia team, you’ll get to work with some of the most talented people in the Ethereum ecosystem (StarkWare), work at the bleeding edge of L2 technology, help solve one of Ethereum’s most significant problems (scaling). All while learning things you probably wouldn’t discover anywhere else.
What skills do you bring?
- Experience writing production in any low-level programming language
- Interest in Ethereum or blockchain in general, either on a commercial or personal basis is a must
- Experience deploying and interacting with smart contacts on Ethereum, either on a commercial or personal basis is a must
- Knowledge of Solidity
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the EVM
- Understanding of how the Ethereum protocol and the Starknet network work
- Knowledge of Solidity/Vyper, Cairo and their related tools
- High-level understanding of ZK-SNARKS & STARKS
- Knowledge of Cairo
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity