Associate Manager, Customer Support Operations
Coinbase is one of the oldest and largest crypto exchanges, and Coinbase Jobs are one of the most coveted in the industry. Founded in 2012, Coinbase is now a crypto heavyweight with over 68 million verified users and 1,250 employees. Coinbase even went public in 2021 on Nasdaq via a direct listing.
Coinbase was launched by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ehrsam. It is based in San Francisco, California. However, the exchange now has offices spread across multiple cities in US, Europe, and Asia. Coinbase brought in a revenue of $2.23 Billion in Q2 2020, and at the peak of its share price, its valuation exceeded $100 Billion.
Coinbase does not advertise a lot of internship opportunities. However, they do come from time to time.
Coinbase has also embraced remote jobs. Pretty much most positions that Coinbase is hiring for now are remote. However, Coinbase Remote Jobs are country-specific. Meaning, Coinbase still hires people from the countries they operate in, but the positions themselves are remote.
Coinbase is growing rapidly, and at any given time, Coinbase has hundreds of open jobs. Check out the jobs below if you're looking to work for Coinbase.
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Consumer Support Operations Associate Manager, you will lead a team of highly motivated customer support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. Using your customer support, operations and team management skills you will play a crucial role ensuring we deliver an outstanding customer experience globally.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Develop a team of high performing customer service agents to provide a best in class customer experience across multiple channels.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for escalations and high priority issues related to your scope.
- Achieve service level agreements and quality metrics for your line of business, at the individual and team level.
- Provide leadership and coaching based on industry best methodologies, thoughtful delegation and performance management.
- Focus on team growth and enablement through mentorship, career development and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with internal support teams across Programs, Tools, Quality and Training to help launch or improve product support workflows.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-driven business decisions.
- Continuously add value through effective impact analysis, prioritisation and efficient execution of projects.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- 3+ years of people management experience in an operations environment.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, i.e. voice, email and chat.
- Excellent track record of leading deeply engaged and high performing teams and using metrics to make business decisions.
- Subject matter expertise and interest in the crypto ecosystem.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organisation.
- Weekend support and/or flexible evening/overnight hours may be required.
- Commutable distance to Coinbase Taguig City / Metro Manilla office.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations, based on needs.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at crypto exchanges or in financial services, ideally in payments, trading operations or technical support.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
*This is a remote based position in Manila, Philippines
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Please let Coinbase know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.