ZetaChain aims to be the only blockchain you’ll ever need. It is a layer 1 blockchain and developer platform that connects any L1 and L2, from Ethereum to Bitcoin and beyond. Access all of crypto in one place, as a developer or user.
ZetaChain prides itself on its vibrant and active community, a testament to our growing impact and relevance in the blockchain space:
- Thriving Ecosystem: Over 150+ dApps developed, showcasing diverse innovation and utilization.
- Engagement: With over 800K+ followers on Twitter and an equally active Discord community of 800K+ members, ZetaChain fosters a dynamic environment for engagement, and collaboration.
- Activity: Our testnet has seen over 35K+ smart contracts deployed and processed over 25M+ transactions.
- Well Funded: Raised over $27M!
Find out more about our ecosystem.
Find out more about our hiring culture: Dream Team Culture .
Why You Want To Work Here
Join ZetaChain and be part of an exceptional team dedicated to pioneering blockchain innovation. We’re a group of focused, high-achieving, and smart individuals who are passionate about learning and building new solutions.
- Remote Flexibility: Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a remote work environment, ensuring a work-life balance. Plus occasional trips to our San Francisco or New York City Offices to meet the team in person.
- High End Workstations: Get the latest tech for your home office and a cutting edge company laptop
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Dive deep into the latest advancements in blockchain technology with ZetaChain’s innovative protocol.
- Impactful Role: Play a pivotal role in shaping the security and efficiency of a leading blockchain protocol.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the rapidly evolving blockchain landscape, ensuring you’re always at the forefront of the industry.
- Collaborative Environment: Work alongside a team of dedicated professionals, each bringing unique expertise to the table.
- Community Engagement: Collaborate with external security researchers and white-hat hackers, tapping into the broader community’s expertise.
We are seeking a skilled Site Reliability Engineer to enhance our testing and observability capabilities for our public blockchain infrastructure. In this role, you’ll work with a well-rounded team in a fast-paced remote environment, leveraging your expertise in development best practices, web application, and some Blockchain experience.
Our ideal candidate description is a wish list, not a checklist. We don’t expect every applicant to tick every box. If you have a strong alignment with many of the qualifications and a passion for learning, we’d love to hear from you.
- Tech stack: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Cosmos SDK, Tendermint
- Platforms: GCP, AWS, Vercel, Notion, SpaceLift
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of blockchain development experience
- 2+ years of Linux and Kubernetes experience
- 1+ years of GCP experience
- Must play well with others, success is a team sport and at ZetaChain everyone participates!
- Security Mindset: constantly anticipating and strategizing against potential threats and vulnerabilities in any system or process.
- Remote (Near San Francisco or New York City Preferred)
- Build and implement custom monitoring tools to check the status of complicated interlinked dependencies across multiple blockchains.
- Assist with automated testing suites and processes, including writing custom code.
- Implement performance monitoring for our blockchain and traditional web applications.
- Support ZetaChain development through CI/CD pipelines and process automation.
- Automate the performance and security testing of our blockchain software prior to public release.
- Develop open source tools to support dapp developers and node operators.
- Ensure all processes meet our security, performance, and reliability requirements.
- Perform code reviews & testing of the blockchain.
- Bonus points:
- Understanding of blockchain (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos); smart contracts (solidity, rust/wasm), p2p networking
- Experience operating blockchain nodes and/or working with Web3 Technologies
- Experience with Go (Cosmos SDK, go-ethereum, btcsuite, Tendermint Core)
- Familiar with DevOps/DevSecOps methodologies & best practices
Who Would Be a Good Fit for This Role?
A candidate who is a coder at heart with a diverse set of experiences. They enjoy building testing and observability capabilities that will accelerate the development sped for the entire organization. Specifically:
- DevOps-Savvy Blockchain Enthusiast:
- Engineers with a strong background in software development and a keen interest in blockchain technology.
- Someone experienced in Linux, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms like GCP or AWS, who can leverage these skills to enhance our blockchain infrastructure.
- Experienced Backend Developer
- A seasoned developer with a solid foundation in software engineering, particularly in backend development.
- Someone with substantial experience in building and maintaining robust, scalable backend systems, ideally within the blockchain domain.
- A creative thinker who is not only skilled in coding but also in building testing and observability tools to streamline development processes.
- DevOps Engineer/SRE Transitioning to Blockchain
- An experienced DevOps Engineer or SRE looking to pivot into the blockchain sector.
- Someone who’s been researching blockchain and learning the basics themselves even though it doesn’t apply to their current role.
- A proactive problem-solver with a track record of ensuring system reliability and scalability, now ready to tackle the unique challenges of blockchain infrastructure.
- Keen to leverage their web2 experience to contribute to and grow within the innovative world of blockchain technology at ZetaChain.