Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
Pagoda is looking to strengthen our Finance team with a Senior Financial Analyst who can contribute with strong FP&A expertise and excel in a start-up environment. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate across all parts of the operation and bring a collaborative focus as we continue to build the blockchain operating system and contribute to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, help guide and execute Financial Planning & Analysis with robust modeling, reporting and strategic vision. Your role has the depth to work alongside each stakeholder and be their go to financial partner.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the development and maintenance of comprehensive financial models to survey various business scenarios, resourcing opportunities, and potential risks.
- Support the development of the annual budget and ongoing forecasting processes, including variance analysis and trend identification.
- Conduct deep dives into particular expense or revenue lines to understand their drivers and potential levers to enhance financial performance.
- Deliver in-depth modeling of operational and product data to support strategic decision-making and identify financial opportunities.
- Generate and present timely, accurate, and insightful management reports to stakeholders, highlighting key performance indicators and variance analysis.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to provide real-time visibility into financials, risks, opportunities and performance against company OKRs.
- Collaborate on the month end close process to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Perform analysis to ensure data integrity across systems, including monthly financial data loads and validations.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to enhance financial growth, cost optimization and reporting efficiency.
What We're Looking For
- Ideally you’ll have 7+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, or management consulting roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields is a must.
- Strong financial acumen and development within planning and reporting systems.
- Advanced proficiency in financial modeling and data analysis tools (e.g., Google Sheets, Causal).
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and has strong interpersonal skills building cross-functional relationships and seeking projects independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Approach work as a strategic thinker, problem solver, and an eye for detail.
We'd Love If You Have
- Technical skills developed (SQL or API)
- Experience using business intelligence applications
- Experience with FinTech, Web3, blockchain, or traditional financial services
- MBA or relevant professional certification
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Hiring Manager Call
- 1st Round
- 2 Team Interviews (Finance and HR)
- Final Round
- 2 Team Interviews (Legal and Head of People)
- Pagoda Values Interview
The base salary range for this role is $145,200 -$165,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Encouraged 20 days of flexible PTO per year, plus your local holidays
- Wellness weeks – 2 weeks of paid company-wide closures
- 100% Paid medical, dental and vision, AD&D and life insurance for US employees, including 85% coverage for dependents, and HSA + FSA options; For non-US employees, 100% Paid private medical coverage available at the highest tiered plan
- Access to licensed therapists and mental health resources through Spill, 100% confidential and paid by Pagoda; plus $75 monthly reimbursement for wellness
- Generous parental leave options; All employees have access to $10,000 in fertility assistance through Carrot
- For US employees, 401(k) retirement plan available (no match)
- Annual company retreats and team offsites (2023 was in Spain; 2022 in Portugal)
- $2,000 Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.