Nascent is a globally distributed team of crypto-native builders and investors pursuing compelling opportunities in crypto & DeFi. We back promising people & ideas that have the potential to become category-defining companies & protocols. Founded in 2020, we’ve invested in 50+ early-stage ventures and continue to stay in the trenches with them for the long haul, supporting engineering, strategy, mechanism design, and more. Building from a base of permanent capital, we deploy a sizable liquid portfolio utilizing a range of strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build.
As the junior trader you’ll be responsible for managing the day to day of our liquid trading portfolio, from identifying compelling trading opportunities to collaborating and building new proprietary trading technologies and tools. Reporting directly to our lead portfolio strategist you’ll have the opportunity to identify, vet, and execute a wide variety of trading and yield farming strategies to maximize return on liquid assets.
This is an opportunity to make an impact on the direct bottom line of a crypto native multistrategy firm with a strong VC presence and engineering and incubation arm. This may be the right opportunity for you if you’re a driven and ambitious, highly trustworthy and motivated, math-inclined human with the desire to learn & win in the crypto/DeFi space. This position will involve an initial onboarding collocation followed by fully remote work, with the opportunity for coworking and collocation as necessary.
- Progressively take on managing the day to day activities of liquid portfolio
- Identify and pitch compelling investment opportunities for internal revenue and decision making
- Collaborate with our world class team of engineers to build new tools to advance our portfolio
- Optimize execution of trade ideas with clear crisp attention to detail
- Research potential investments: from reviewing app documentation, to surfacing and asking critical questions to founders, reviewing smart contract audits
- Maintain and optimize trading operations: daily/weekly routines around checking approvals, sweeping idle funds out of exchanges
- Your entrepreneurial and thrive in less structured environments with the freedom to drive and deliver results
- You are as excited to execute a given task as to identify and spot new opportunities to add value
- You are a crypto curious autonomous learner able to quickly pick up on and execute given strategies, processes, tactics
- You are highly trustworthy and incredibly detail oriented
- BS+ in STEM, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics
- Mathematically inclined, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong idea generation and investment aptitude with the ability to articulate and troubleshoot strategies, and systems
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably python
- Basic understanding of DeFi markets, protocols, and projects preferred
- Previous involvement/interest in crypto preferred but not required
Our Team & Culture
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders & creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment & play with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability & honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform & win. We’re a fully distributed team that understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
Principles that drive our team & work
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins we all win.
- Fully remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including dental, vision, and life
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching and support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
- Access the team’s personal / executive assistant
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.