We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to to make digital ownership universal to supercharge the internet economy. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Platform team. You’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Web2 and Web3 technologies, pushing the boundaries of scalability, reliability, and extensibility in the ecosystem. The Platform team’s mission is to supercharge engineering at Magic Eden with high-scale systems that can support hundreds of developers and thousands of customers. This is a mission-critical team that is tasked with taking on some of the hardest technical problems in Web3. If you have experience designing, architecting, and implementing high-scale software systems, and are looking for a challenge, this role is for you.
- Architect core services to be leveraged by downstream engineering teams to develop end-user products on multiple chains.
- Design efficient, scalable, and flexible APIs.
- Maintain multiple business critical micro-services (e.g. Search, Identity, Listings, etc.).
- Leverage the right tool for each job - databases, frameworks, languages, etc.
- Interface with downstream product development teams and collaborate with them to build end-to-end solutions.
- Help build and maintain a culture for coding excellence.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience. Ideally, some experience in a team-lead or other cross-functional role.
- Production experience with a variety of data systems (SQL, noSQL, warehouses, etc.).
- Experience with K8s-based development workflow.
- Production experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Experience scaling backend systems and databases for high (10K+) QPS.
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment- Competitive compensation and equity options- Flexible PTO- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans- Wellness and work from home allowance- Remote-first company- 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $170K to $200K. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.