As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Platform Services team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will design and implement solutions for product features. You will work closely with the technical lead and architect to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. As a senior technical member of your team, you will guide junior engineers and help develop their technical skills.
The Expertise You Have
- Expert in core Java language i.e., Object Oriented Design concepts, data structures and design patterns
- Expert in frameworks like Spring Boot
- Proficient in databases and SQL
- Understanding of AWS or other cloud platforms and containerization technologies such as ECS and Docker
- Experience working with version control systems like GIT.
- Experience with asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services such as SNS and SQS
- An understanding of microservice architectures and twelve factor app patterns
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Unit and integration test automation using Junit and spring boot test framework
- Experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
The Skills You Bring
- A solid and strong foundation in software engineering – bachelor’s degree + preferred, 4 years’ experience
- Possess critical thinking skills to build end-to-end solutions
- Passionate and committed to learning new things and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Work well in both a small agile team and independently, having a strong user focus
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Participate in engineering practices such as code and design reviews, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline
The Value You Deliver
- Work with product management on requirements, decompose epics into stories, and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Build scalable, resilient, cloud-based systems aligned with our long-term strategy
- Provide outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Mentor junior software engineers
Fidelity Digital Assets℠, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets℠ embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Fidelity Digital Assets℠, the Platform Services Team is responsible for internal and external backend services and APIs that support transfer of digital assets and wires. Additionally, they maintain account positions service and provide API interfaces for the Custody as a Service offerings.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.