Chronicle Protocol is a decentralized Oracle solution securing over $10 billion in collateral since 2017. We continue to secure MakerDAO while establishing a stand-alone brand and business proposition building the world’s first fully verifiable, cost-efficient, scalable, and decentralized oracle. The combination of Chronicle Protocol’s groundbreaking proprietary tech and impressive track record in Web3 represents an opportunity to establish a new leader in the oracle space, capable of servicing businesses across all blockchains, recognized for its gold standard of verifiability, scalability, transparency, accessibility, resilience, and security.
We are looking for a seasoned Golang Developer preferably located in the standard time zones between UTC+0 to UTC+2. to work alongside our Senior Backend Engineers. We are a lean team, so this role is for someone who enjoys being hands-on and having full ownership and autonomy over their work.
- Chronicle strives to maintain technical leadership providing cost-efficient, verifiable, blockchain agnostic and decentralized Oracles for the Web3 ecosystem
- The product should be highly available, deployed on multiple nodes on a zero downtime approach. Also, it should be traceable, allowing you to follow a request in multiple services.
What you will be doing
- Researching complex topics related to p2p protocols, specific blockchain networks, ecosystem actors, economic models, and node/network topology
- Conducting rigorous security audits and testing of the product ensuring the highest performance of the work you produce
- Providing support for new oracles and protocol integrations
- Implementing monitoring, alerting, and observability practices to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability, and uptime for Chronicle protocol components
- Writing integration tests and maintaining a robust CI/CD pipeline
- Documenting software specs and development processes as well as preparing project reports for our developers community
- B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
- Strong knowledge of Go, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Experience with the full suite of Go frameworks and tools – dependency management tools, router packages, web frameworks, etc.
- Experience and due diligence in writing high quality, well-structured code in multiple languages/technologies
- Experience with message based systems Kafka and/or RabbitMQ
- Experience building performant, scalable Backend solutions using Go and Python.
- Experience with microservice architectures around message buses like Kafka
- Familiarity with CI/CD and reporting tools - source code control (Git), Jenkins, metrics/log monitoring tools like Grafana
- Appetite and capacity to keep up with emerging technologies & share knowledge
- Ability to work independently and deliver working products within deadlines – from empty Git repo to fully-deployed solutions in the cloud
- Knowledge of Web3 and a keen interest to learn more
- Experience with Solidity and EMV-compatible DAPPs development, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment
- Working with cryptography
What We Offer
- Opportunity to enter the exciting world of Web3 and learn from some of the best minds in the industry; Don’t worry, our blockchain onboarding will pave your way for an epic journey
- Remote first. You’ll be joining a team working from all over the world with our headquarters located in the crypto hub of Zug, Switzerland.
- Flexible working arrangements. Create your own journey with flexible working schedules and locations.
- Real Impact: We are working on some of the most exciting projects in Web3 using the latest technologies. Your code won’t just run – it’ll reshape industries
- 6 weeks vacation, rewarding your commitment with us
- Flexible working hours
- Two offsites per year to meet up with the team
- Merch and Gifts – we love our branded swag as we believe in showing our appreciation in style
Our recruitment process
- HR Discussion
- Manager discussion
- Two technical interviews
If you are still unsure, we are inviting you to come by anytime to our Discord channel without any commitment.