At Aztec, our goal is to add privacy to Ethereum.
In the current public blockchain paradigm, users and entities unknowingly broadcast data in the public, compromising privacy and security to get trustlessness.
Not only are unencrypted blockchains inherently privacy-exposing, they require significant redundancy to compute and verify the legitimacy of transactions.
Implementing scalable encryption in a public blockchain paradigm requires cutting-edge math and engineering. Thankfully, our team of scientists and engineers invented Plonk, the industry-standard zkSNARK, and Noir, the universal language of zero knowledge.
Now, we’re building a first of its kind Layer 2 with private smart contracts.And it’s now time to bring it to market.
We’ve raised $125 million from industry-leading investors including a16z crypto, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital, and we’re growing quickly.
Aztec Labs is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to spearhead the development and execution of our marketing strategy to enhance brand awareness, drive user adoption, and foster community engagement. This executive-level role requires a blend of analytical prowess, creative vision, and a profound understanding of privacy-oriented blockchain technologies.
Aztec Labs is building Aztec Network, a complex and ambitious privacy-first Layer 2. This person must have:
- Strong technical aptitude: not a coder but fluent in speaking to product managers and engineers in crypto
Crypto nativity: “gets” culture within crypto andTrustworthiness and integrity: you are inheriting a high-performing team of IC’s including a Head of Marketing, Creative Director, Technical Writer, Community Manager and Social Manager, in addition to systems and processes. Candidates must have the maturity and wherewithal to come in, build trust quickly, learn Aztec’s systems, and oversee the big picture
- Manage an excellent team of direct reports, earning trust and building effectiveness rapidly
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies in service of a mainnet go-to-market
- Own brand tone, positioning, and messaging
- Formulate a strong plan to make “number-go-up” on key KPI’s: specifically clicks to various landing pages; work with downstream teams (DevRel, Ecosystem) to optimize conversion of those clicks to core business drivers (developer count, chain usage)
- Collaborate with product development teams to align marketing strategies with product timelines and offerings
- Design and oversee digital campaigns across various channels (social media, email, SEO/SEM) to improve brand presence, awareness, and both developer and end-user engagement.
- Analyze market trends and competitor strategies to identify opportunities for growth and innovation
- Set, monitor, and report on team goals, including metrics and marketing effectiveness
What this role is NOT:
- Aztec is a lean team and this role does not have significant hiring leeway beyond our plan. This is not an “empire-building” role–the empire is ~built and now has to be managed to success
- Proven experience as a CMO or in a similar leadership role in crypto
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, capable of driving to consensus and fostering an environment of excellence
- Deep understanding of Ethereum and Layer 2’s
- Creativity and taste; track record of launching successful marketing campaigns in crypto that “get it”
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking with proficiency in marketing metrics and analytics tools
- Past-life experience as a CMO or similar role in Web2 / tech
- Strong Twitter/X presence
What we offer:
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- Additional benefits include health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for professional development.
- Quarterly offsite travel for collaboration
- Events and conference budget
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team
Aztec Labs is an equal opportunity employer and we value creativity, diversity, and intellectual curiosity. If you're passionate about leveraging your creative talents to make a real-world impact, and if you want to be part of a team that's shaping the future of digital privacy, then we would love to hear from you.