Aragon Association is a small, remote-only team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We’re entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, troublemakers and problem solvers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between, who are designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of decentralized autonomous organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.
As a People Operations Manager, you will join our cross-functional Operations team as the #1 advocate for our employees. Across the entire employee lifecycle, you will have full autonomy to own the projects and processes for improving employee acquisition, development, engagement, and retention. We’re a small team, so succeeding in this role will require wearing many different hats!
💪 What do we expect from a People Operations Manager?
- You’re someone energetic who thrives in dynamic environments, and you’re not put off by uncertainty. You can efficiently research and compare options in a resource-constrained environment to make the best decisions. You can take unclear tasks and figure out the boundaries in order to get them done.
- You are naturally empathetic and concerned with the well-being of your employees. More often than not, you are several steps ahead in anticipating their needs. When they do contact you, they are reminded that they can reliably count on you to genuinely listen, assist them with the inevitable issues that arise, and they are in an environment for success.
- You are process oriented, knowing that there’s no need to figure out how to solve the same problem twice. From onboarding to offboarding and everything in between, you identify and define minimally viable processes in order to scale your employee support effectively.
- You coordinate like a pro. Those working in dedicated functions, such as recruiting, always appreciate your clearly set expectations and touchpoints so that they are able to focus and do their best work.
- You are proficient in using tools to help streamline or automate your work. Whether it is to manage the tracking of incoming service requests, document processes and workflows, synchronize external calendars, or even just effectively use spreadsheets, you aren’t scared to get your hands dirty with helpful technology.
- You proactively lay the foundations that support strong company culture. You can manage team offsites, ensure every new hire is set up to succeed with what they need on their first day of work, and do whatever else you needed to make Aragon the coolest company to work for.
- You believe that culture is strongest when it develops organically within a team united around a shared purpose. That way, none of your efforts feel forced or fake. After all, we are trying to change the world here.
⚠️ Minimum requisites
- 2-4 years experience in People Operations, Human Resources, or a related role in a small company or start-up environment
- Knowledge of HR best practices around the design of process, policy, and services
- Must have a rich understanding of the full employee lifecycle, especially within tech, product, or web3 organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a highly professional yet authentic attitude
- Must be comfortable in a quickly changing environment that demands proactive self-management and a scrappy “get it done” attitude
- Highly process oriented with a keen eye for detail
- Proficient in admin, communications, and tracking tools, including Google Suite, Lever, Discord, Notion, Excel, Jira, or similar tools
- Interested in decentralized technology and understand the industry’s culture
- Located in and eligible to work in the European Union and/or Schengen Area
- Excellent English communication – both written and oral
💡 Bonus skills
- Experience doing People Ops or HR for DAOs or other kinds of web3 organizations
- Knowledge of remote employee contracts and how to address the challenges of a diverse, globally distributed team
- Experience designing and managing internally- or externally-facing company events
We value freedom and responsibility – so much so that we are in the process of taking this one step further with our plans to fully transition into operating as a new Aragon DAO by 2023. This means that we’re a remote only organization that’s flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you’re within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.