0xPARC Foundation Careers
0xPARC Foundation is recruiting, find open positions below. View 0xPARC Foundation careers and jobs.View positions →
Operations: Admin & Finance @ 0xPARC FoundationEngineering (772) Remote Full-time73d
- have a service mindset
- stay intellectually honest, and curious
- act with an ownership mentality
- Process 0xPARC Grants
- Liaising with grantees to obtain correct documentation, upload to Bill.com, and cue up approvals and payments.
- Providing support and direction to grantees if/when they encounter issues with the grants process.
- Guide community partners through our reimbursement flow for approved event/program travel and accommodations.
- Gather appropriate documentation for the above and prepare expense reports for approval.
- Support employees/internal team-members with reimbursements for purchases made on personal cards.
- Process payroll for employees and contractors.
- Contract, payroll, and accounts onboarding for employees/contractors.
- Recruitment admin and support: contributing to job description creation, posting positions, managing applicants, phone screens, setting up interviews, etc.
Other possible responsibilities
- High attention to detail. Strong ability to focus and efficiently work through task-lists.
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks with an eye for identifying areas that can be improved / made into a playbooks / automated.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines and adapt when leadership or operations team’s priorities change.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience with a-sycn communication on a distributed team is highly valued.
- Proactive, growth mindset, and comfortable solving problems independently (default is to google or review external/internal documentation to solve a problem first).
- A “no-job-too-small” attitude.
- Experience with HR/Admin, finance, and accounting software.
- Specific experience with following (or similar) tools/software an asset: Google Workspace, Notion, Airtable, Discord, Quickbooks, Gusto, Bill.com, Brex, Wise, Mercury.
- Executive Assistant-type role for one or multiple of 0xPARC’s leaders
- Operations leader
- You don’t want to herd cats or perform nitty-gritty operational and administrative work. This role requires you to get your hands dirty: building forms, editing copy, running events, managing mailing lists and email campaigns, etc.
- You don’t want to travel. This person will be expected to travel nationally and internationally with our core team members, sometimes on short notice.
- You are looking for predictability and stability. We expect the role, our organization, and the overall applied crypto technology landscape to grow and change rapidly over the next year. Team-members who are dedicated to our mission, and apply their best efforts, will have plenty of growth opportunities… we just don’t know what they look like yet.
0xPARC Foundation is hiring a
Operations: Admin & Finance
0xPARC Foundation supports the development of applied cryptography and decentralized technologies. We push the limits of technology while enabling crypto researchers and developers to work in ways that are more open, thoughtful, and responsible than possible in traditional structures (companies, VCs, universities, etc).
We recruit highly-skilled technical specialists into crypto; manage and award research grants to teams working on our ecosystem-wide R&D agendas; and coordinate cross-team technical projects that involve multiple companies and research teams. Our main areas of focuses currently include zero-knowledge cryptography and autonomous world-building.
We’re a small and mission-driven team, and we believe it’s most important to:
0xPARC Foundation is entirely funded by grants and donations from values-aligned organizations. Our largest supporter (and closest collaborator) is the Ethereum Foundation.
0xPARC is seeking a full-time person to join our operations team and support the backend finance and HR administration for the organization.
This person will play a key role in managing reimbursements and grants for our community partners, expense and payroll processing for our internal team, and recruitment and onboarding for contractors and employees.
Complimentary Past Experience
We aren’t big on titles, which is why you’ll notice this role doesn’t really have one. Analogous roles in other orgs would be something like HR and Finance Admin/Coordinator/Manager. and Ops Coordinator and Ops Manager, depending on the experience and capabilities of the person we hire. Complimentary past roles/experience for this role could include, but are not limited to: executive assistant, event coordinator/manager/producer, operations coordinator/manager, project manager, etc.
Why might you be excited about this role?
We’re highly mission-driven and values-aligned: at our core, we believe that applied crypto technology will have massive impacts on the world, and we're focused on creating a culture of thoughtfulness and responsibility around the development of this technology. We steer clear of the over-hyped and over-financialized aspects of the crypto space, and take the long-term view on how this technology might be used to enable fairer, redistributive, and pro-social structures.
Additionally, 0xPARC’s role as a “community steward” enables us to occupy a unique position at the center of a growing network of teams. 0xPARC collaborates closely with a large and ever-expanding set of partner organizations—Ethereum Foundation, Optimism, Scroll, Polygon, ZCash, Veridise, Trail of Bits, Stanford CBR, Gitcoin, and many more. Joining 0xPARC is one of the fastest ways to familiarize yourself with the landscape of “deep tech” in crypto, and to build relationships with teams at the forefront of crypto innovation.
Potential career-paths within 0xPARC for the person who fills this role could be, but are not limited to:
Why might you not be excited about this role?
You may not be a good fit for this role if:
Please let 0xPARC Foundation know you found this position on CryptoJobster.com as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality crypto jobs.